ADVERTISEMENT

1A Road to the dome, Picks Compitition

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
And the challenge begins. You will get 1 point for picking the correct team each week. You could be part of the greats like SmallPox in 2014, or FrontRowJoe in 2015, or me in... oops, I haven't won yet.

Looking at this week, we will pick all the play in games. Easy week to score points, so get in now. Please let me know if I messed up on a team. Some of these were not final.

Meridian (4-5) @ Kings (6-2)
Sultan (6-3) @ Mt. Baker (8-0)
Charles Wright (5-4) @ Port Townsend (6-3)

Forks (4-4)@ La Center (8-1)
White Salmon (5-3) @ Monte (9-0)
Hoquiam (6-3) @ Kings way (7-2)

Granger (6-3) @ Connell (8-1)
Naches Valley (6-3) @ Warden (5-4)
Burbank (4-4) @ La Salle (8-1)

Colville (6-3)@ Cashmere (5-4)
Newport (5-4)@ Okanagan (8-1)

Meridian (4-5) @ Kings (6-2) Knights 41-14
Sultan (6-3) @ Mt. Baker (8-0) Mountaineers 42-6
Charles Wright (5-4) @ Port Townsend (6-3) Redhawks 39-7

Forks (4-4)@ La Center (8-1) Wildcats 33-0
White Salmon (5-3) @ Monte (9-0) Bulldogs 56-8
Hoquiam (6-3)
@ Kings way (7-2) Grizzlies 28-21

Granger (6-3) @ Connell (8-1) Eagles 66-0
Naches Valley (6-3)
@ Warden (5-4) Rangers 21-19
Burbank (4-4) @ La Salle (8-1) Lightning 57-12

Colville (6-3)@ Cashmere (5-4) Indians 30-21
Newport (5-4)@ Okanagan (8-1) Bulldogs 18-16

Mt. Baker
Port Townsend
La Center
Monte
Kings way

Connell
Naches Valley
La Salle

Colville
Okanogan

And the challenge begins. You will get 1 point for picking the correct team each week. You could be part of the greats like SmallPox in 2014, or FrontRowJoe in 2015, or me in... oops, I haven't won yet.

Looking at this week, we will pick all the play in games. Easy week to score points, so get in now. Please let me know if I messed up on a team. Some of these were not final.

Kings
Baker
PT
La Center
Monte
Hoquiam
Connell
Naches Valley
La Salle
Colville
Okanagan

I'd better get my picks in before I forget.

Meridian (4-5) @ Kings (6-2) It seems some are sleeping on Kings, that would be a mistake.
Sultan (6-3) @ Mt. Baker (8-0) Sultan saved themselves and forfeited to Murphy for this very moment. All for naught.
Charles Wright (5-4) @ Port Townsend (6-3) I don't think either gets farther than this.

Forks (4-4)@ La Center (8-1) La Center should cruise easily.
White Salmon (5-3) @ Monte (9-0) Monte has a history of peaking into the playoffs. They will face Connell at Connell next week if I understand correctly. They will need to be at their peak then.
Hoquiam (6-3) @ Kings way (7-2) Toss up, but I will go with the team who has a better recent playoff history.

Granger (6-3) @ Connell (8-1) Hide the women and the children!
Naches Valley (6-3) @ Warden (5-4) I think this one will be tight. When in doubt, choose the SCAC-East.
Burbank (4-4) @ La Salle (8-1) Both have high-powered offenses. Burbank has less defense.

Colville (6-3)@ Cashmere (5-4) Similar offenses. Normally Colville plays in pure mud at their place. What are the field conditions at Cashmere? Winner gets Royal the following week.
Newport (5-4)@ Okanagan (8-1) This game was razor close when they played in the regular season. I see no reason to expect any different this time around.

Kings I'm not going to sleep on them and watch my chances at winning this thing go down in a fireball
Mt Baker I looked up Baker's roster I think sultan should forfeit.
Port Townsend Zzzzzzzzz
La Center
Montesano
Kings Way
similar scores against common opponents I'm going with the home team
Connell Looking forward to the Connell/Montesano first round game
Naches I just can't pick warden
La Salle Big
Colville Whoever throws it the least wins.
Okanogan Moving on after escaping the tie breaker.

I love the comments and of course, none of the pun's are intended :rolleyes:

Meridian (4-5) @ Kings Meridian does not compare offensively. Kings in the 3rd qtr.
Sultan (6-3) @ Mt. Baker Mounties will struggle to figure them out early, but will then take off.
Charles Wright (5-4) @ Port Townsend PT gets one more week of practice.

Forks (4-4)@ La Center only real competition La Center beat was Kings way, But Forks keeps dropping the game.
White Salmon (5-3) @ Monte Monte easy this week.
Hoquiam (6-3) @ Kings way Going against the grain to pull ahead early. hope this doesn't bite me in the butt later.

Granger (6-3) @ Connell Quick and easy will give Connell rest for next week.
Naches Valley (6-3) @ Warden Welcome back to the 1A ranks Warden,
Burbank (4-4) @ La Salle Burbank cant stop the pass, but La Salle won't have it easy on defense.

Colville (6-3)@ Cashmere Coin flip???????? will be close but heads goes to Colville gets the Royal turf next week.
Newport (5-4)@ Okanagan The bulldogs will not live down the loss to Cascade. on bad week and it haunts you the rest of the season.

Meridian (4-5) @ Kings (6-2) Kings
Sultan (6-3) @ Mt. Baker (8-0) Mt Baker
Charles Wright (5-4) @ Port Townsend (6-3) Pt Townsend

Forks (4-4)@ La Center (8-1) La Center
White Salmon (5-3) @ Monte (9-0) Montesano
Hoquiam (6-3) @ Kingsway (7-2) Hoquiam

Granger (6-3) @ Connell (8-1) Connell
Naches Valley (6-3) @ Warden (5-4) Naches. Gonna go catch this one
Burbank (4-4) @ La Salle (8-1) La Salle

Colville (6-3)@ Cashmere (5-4) Colville
Newport (5-4)@ Okanagan (8-1 Going all NEA on this one. A young hungry Newport takes it to Okanogan

Meridian (4-5) @ Kings (6-2) Kings
Sultan (6-3) @ Mt. Baker (8-0) Mt Baker
Charles Wright (5-4) @ Port Townsend (6-3) Pt Townsend

Forks (4-4)@ La Center (8-1) La Center
White Salmon (5-3) @ Monte (9-0) Montesano
Hoquiam (6-3) @ Kingsway (7-2) Hoquiam

Granger (6-3) @ Connell (8-1) Connell
Naches Valley (6-3) @ Warden (5-4) Warden
Burbank (4-4) @ La Salle (8-1) La Salle

Colville (6-3)@ Cashmere (5-4) Colville
Newport (5-4)@ Okanagan (8-1) Okanagan

Sorry it has been a few weeks. I've been preoccupied with my own Friday night fiascos.

Meridian (4-5) @ Kings (6-2) I'll take Shapiro and the King's Knights in this one. I met a guy at a bar down here in Long Beach, CA whose father was a coach at King's for a long time. Small world.
Sultan (6-3) @ Mt. Baker (8-0) I'll pick the Mounties. Sultan still rubs me the wrong way for forfeiting to Archbishop Murphy.
Charles Wright (5-4) @ Port Townsend (6-3) I'll take Port Townsend, fortunately for the winner of this game. If CW wins at least they won't have to drive all the way to Royal City like last year.

Forks (4-4)@ La Center (8-1) La Center. Forks should stick to Vampires and Werewolves.
White Salmon (5-3) @ Monte (9-0) The Montesano Bulldogs better win.
Hoquiam (6-3) @ Kings way (7-2) I'll take the Grizzlies in this one. I generally root for public over private anyways.

Granger (6-3) @ Connell (8-1) Connell should have a fairly easy time with Granger, unless they really aren't that good.
Naches Valley (6-3) @ Warden (5-4) I'll take the Warden Cougars for no reason in particular.
Burbank (4-4) @ La Salle (8-1) La Salle and that stupid cannon. It'll fire a few times before the night is over.

Colville (6-3)@ Cashmere (5-4) Short game based on style of play. I'll take Colville in this one. Still unfortunate that the has to winner to travel to Royal next week.
Newport (5-4)@ Okanagan (8-1) I'll take Okanogan. Can't believe they let Cascade creep up on them. They wont make the same mistake this week.

Meridian upset of Kings 17-14 on a last second FG.

Kings RB (#2 - the sprinter) gets hurt on first drive. He continued to play for a bit and scored a TD, but sat the second half. Other starting RB gets hurt in first half as well. Kings QB (#9) can't carry them. Threw a few balls under pressure that were up for grabs. He fumbled on their last possession giving Meridian chance to kick winning FG.

Won't be surprised to see Meridian get past CC next weekend. I was there at Sunset Chev for their first meeting earlier this season and that game was a coin flip. CC vs Meridian in the post season is a perfect example of one team having a cake schedule while the other one gets a tough game every week. Season records look significantly different, but don't accurately reflect the teams.

Note: Perhaps one of the best seasons of coaching I've witnessed at Meridian. This team has lost so many two-way starters to injury (3 starting linemen) its become a running joke. There are so many kids on crutches and wearing jeans each game I've lost count. Seriously, who else could survive that and still be competitive?

Once again, King's goes into the playoffs with as good a team as any and their coaching lets them down. Injuries or no, play for OT and take your chances. Ames does it again.

Thank for remembering my great run! Ha Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT