ADVERTISEMENT

Blaine 2nd Meridian 3rd Final

I'm happy for the Borderites. I heard Mario Gobbato was in the hospital for a short time this past Monday. He had been sick all week. After a spirited effort by Nooksack on Thursday, no one wanted to play the "he was sick" card to diminish the win by the Pioneers. Glad to see Blaine bounce back.

So, this should be Coupeville vs Meridian with the winner playing Blaine. Blaine will win this and take on Eatonville.

Tuesday at Blaine high schoolMeridian will play Coupeville in a two quarter game. The winner will play Blaine 30 minutes later in a two quarter game and the winner is District 1 #3 seed.

Frankly a dumb way to do seeding since Blaine, Meridian and Nooksack would do well in crossover games. Don't like the setup since good teams get knocked out not playing full games.

Should have had crossover games rather than giving auto bids to state.

Wow, that does sound dumb. By the way, I tip my hat to Nooksack for the way they finished the season. They looked DIW after going 0-2. They sure looked good against Blaine the other night.

warrant my good man i told you not to give up on blaine lol my faith never waivered although i was nervous about this but agree with the dumb playoff ideas that the state comes up wth. a crossover like they do in the 2A leauges is way better than half games

i try warrant i try lol but how do you see the half game stupidity playing out on tuesday night?

Given that both Nooksack and Lynden Christian bit smoked Coupeville 56-14 or so you can see the illogical of the current setup. Coupeville has a chance to play a half of football while tonight they got the 25 and in. Meridian will smoke Coupeville in game 1 and I expect Meridian vs Blaine to cone down to a missed 2pt conversion or two by Blaine. Meridian wins 21-20

I am sticking with blaine. I expect coupeville and meridian to b closer than 51-14 but they arent good then again in half a game one turnover can change anything but in the end blaine takes out meridian 22-17

I want to say that my comment about Gobbato being sick the week of the Nooksack game shouldn't have been posted. Just putting that on here diminishes the outstanding effort of the Nooksack Valley players and coaches last Thursday. Any of us who watched the game know that Nooksack dominated at the line of scrimmage that night. Gobbato had no place to run. In addition, if there were any concerns about the Blaine running back he would not have been playing on both sides of the ball, which he was. Glad to get that off my chest,

Teams that play Blaine need only watch the film of the Nooksack game to see how to stop Blaine. Sorry, but Gobbato played the entire game and got nowhere. Nooksack caved the line and had 2-3 players to him immediately. Hit the gaps and make them beat you with the passing game. Note that Nooksack DBs should have had two more Ints due to the floating passes by Kramme.

No one can diminish the Pioneer dominance, because two days later he is suddenly cured and they win? Remember Blaine was almost out with squeaker wins over Friday Harbor and Meridian. I still have Meridian winning big over Coupeville then in a modified prediction I have Meridian winning over Blaine, 21-14.

I'd like to respond to your comments Rainmaker.

First of all, I believe Gobbato had 98 yards rushing in the game against Nooksack. That's not "nowhere."

Saying Nooksack should have had two more Ints is like saying Gobbato should have had another 100 yards rushing. It's untrue, and it's pointless.

No one is diminishing the Pioneer "dominance" at the line of scrimmage in that game. The fact is, two days later Blaine did win. No one, and I mean no one associated with Blaine football made an excuse about the loss to Nooksack. I am the one who mentioned him being sick. It was a mistake on my part and I admitted it. Blaine beat Friday Harbor at FH 26-19. That's not a squeaker. Blaine beat Meridian 34-27 and led the entire game. By the way, Meridian blew the Pioneers right off their home field 42-14.

Don't even think about diminishing the effort by Kramme against Nooksack. He kept his team in the game right to the end.

warrant or rainmaker if you guys are going tonight will you keep me posted on the results

Gobbato had 76 yards in 23 carries vs Nooksack as reported in Bellingham Herald and confirmed by my count. 26 on one rush.

Second Gobbato bring sick was the first thing I heard from Blaine fans offline of this board right after the game.

Three Kramme and Blaine won did what they needed to win and I have congratulated them over and over.

Finally Go back and read the FH and meridian recaps vs Blaine. Much much closer than score... 5 yards to be exact combined.

It would have been a better playoff on Sat if each game was 1 quarter rather than the way it was setup. Will follow the games tonight and good luck to both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT