1.Kennewick
2.Kamiakin
3.Eastmont
4.Southridge
5.West Valley
6.Hanford
7.Sunnyside

Any insight?

are you really predicting WV to finish 5th? i think thats a mistake myself but i guess we'll just have to wait and see...

This league is so tough year in and year out. West Valley is always a quality club that flat out plays the game right. The 3 Kennewick schools are always going to be right there. Eastmont is going to have a hard time finding wins when their ace isn't on the mound. Things usually don't turn out the way you think they will, but I'll try to handicap the race

Kennewick- Hard to bet against 9 returning all-league players and a returning Robbie Mitchell
Kamiakin- Have to replace their top two pitchers from last year
Southridge- Talented junior class
West Valley- Lost a lot of pitching, but reload every year
Eastmont- Best pitcher in the league unless Tony Bryant has something to say about it.
Hanford- Coach has them playing hard
Sunnyside- SS is a player I'd like to have, but thats about it

ya i have heard a lot about kennewick this year, i hear they are VERY tough. haven't heard as much about kamiakin and southridge and i guess its just hard to say. i know WV will come out and play all their games 110% balls to the wall. their 2 3 4 hitters should be very tough this year. obviously they cant just win the games for the whole team but i just know that from watching them tear the cover off the ball all summer long on the Pak. there will be some good baseball this year in 3a well shoot there will be in 4a and 2a too. from 4a i really like richland, their outfield is so fast they cover some serious ground, do you know what the bombers have back for pitching and how about at the dish? 2a i like selah their pitching should be dominant. and actually 1a i hear good things about naches. a lot of good teams in the east side at every level.

All i need to say is maxx garrett and kamiakin are going all the way. Maxx is by far the preseason MVP and most likely the state MVP. Go Braves

hmm kamiakin... over kennewick, wv and everyone else? how about richland though, how is their pitching? do you see them losing any games in the cbl? i know rowe is pretty tough as well as jacobs. my 3a preseason MVP pick goes to someone else other then garrett. i'll go with Cody Edwards of WV. he hit the shit out of the ball all summer long for the pak. he has a cannon from the outfield also. 4a i'll say either rowe or jacobs, both of them are very good ball players. does anybody have any offers to play college ball or is anyone talking to any schools in the CBL? just curious...

I'd love to have Maxx on my team, but he isn't going to win any MVP awards. Maxx isn't even the best player on his own team. That honor goes to Patty F. The CBL MVP will come from a Kennewick school. Pitcher Of the Year is the only award that might come from outside the city of Kennewick, and that would be the Eastmont kid. A college coach told me as many as 10 of Kennewick High's seniors could be playing college baseball next year. Thomas Henderson from Southridge is a real nice player. Kamiakin has a couple of college prospects besides Garrett and Forgett.

thats pretty good, for one; to have 10 seniors on the team and for two; to have them all possibly play college ball. i believe that is what selah did last year, all of their seniors went on to play college ball somewhere. do you mean just the CBL 3a mvp? i assume thats what you mean but i'm not positive if that is what you are saying or are you saying the best player in the CBL (both 3a and 4a levels) will come from kennewick. and yes that very well could happen, there are 3 very good teams from kennewick with very good talent on each team. but there is good talent elsewhere, as well as good teams and good coaching. it will be interesting to see what happens. hopefully i'll be able to catch a couple games...

I did mean 3A. It's fun to talk baseball, but you're right when you say, "it will be interesting to see what happens." Things rarely turn out the way you think they will.

Talking 4a

If it was 4a, you have to say the League MVP is coming from Richland. I couldn't see any other school producing an MVP in 4a.

Re: Talking 4a

Carlson out of Wenatchee is my preseason 4a MVP. He finished 3rd in the MVP voting later year and hit over .400 and has by far the best arm in the league in the outfield.

mattbr i couldn't agree more. i love talking baseball and their are always upsets, it makes the game so much more exciting knowing at any givin time anything can happen.

This year will be tough having a lot of returners is great and talk is a lot but putting it all together as a team is more important i think there will be some unknown talent come out this year dont count any team out

Garrett from Kamiakin is not only one of the best athletes in the league but he is one of the most level headed athlete i have ever seen. Ive never seen him rattled and he is amazing in clutch situations. His numbers will speak for himself and when he wins MVP i hope everyone is expecting "I told you so"

We will all tip our hats to the kid if he wins it, but, i don't think he is a for sure MVP. Very good, but not for sure.

Re: Talking 4a

Richland will go 12-0 in 4A division play, so to think the MVP will come from a team other than Richland is foolish. Players outside the Tri-Cities are at a disadvantage before the season even begins because so many of the leagues school are located there. Coaches from as far away as W.W. and M.L. are reading the same names in the Tri-City Herald.

ADVERTISEMENT