ADVERTISEMENT

King's @ MontE

JordanShawdley

Dec 7, 2011
King's will roll MontE, they beat CC and hoquiam who both beat MontE. Game will be on turf and King's wants revenge for last year i'm sure. King's just played against just about the same offense they will see this week and im sure they will practice passing against dropping 8 and won't come out slow again. Everything sets up for a blowout, King's 49 MontEsano 7

I predict this one is going to be closer than you think. Monte should not be overlooked this time of year and they were playing better than CC during that loss early in the season.

my recollection of MontE teams the last few years is that they run a very disciplined program and so not likely to make a lot of mistakes. They have also played Kings enough to have an adequate feel for what Kings offense can do. I also think that Kings is struggling a bit with some of the defenses thrown against them by playoff-caliber coaching staffs and this will be the case this weekend. A few years ago Kings wore them down early and then last year they seemed in better condition late in the game. Do we know if it is a Friday night or Saturday afternoon or evening game? Might have some bearing. I still think Kings wins 34-14. These road trips are making them battle-tested.

No but i do know that quarterfinal games MUST be played on artificial turf unlike last game where the field only had to be in good condition but turf was recomended.

This will be another great game and very competitive. Just because a team beat another team that King's beat doesn't mean squat...you can't get caught up in the comparison game cause as soon as you do you will go home.

The Knights have seen just about everything a defense can throw at them by dropping 8 or bringing loads of pressure which only has made the team stronger. I think the biggest thing the Knights have improved on is on the defensive side of the ball being able to adjust, know tendencies and bring pressure at the right time.

This will be a great game!

kingsatx: I agree about the defensive side of the ball. King's has always been able to score, but hiring Coach Wilkins as DC with his knowledge of the game and his intensity, as the team has learned responsibilities, they are good at making teams earn their yards too. Having a ton of veteran seniors doesn't hurt either. A really good team will have to play a really good game to beat King's if they continue to fire on all cylinders.

Honestly here there is no going against King's......Heard from someone that the King's coach was heard quoting that the Hoquiam-King's game was the hardest fought game his team has had to play since the loss last year vs Monte, so with saying that King's is firing on all cylinders and there is nothing to stop them except themselves. Monte has improved since the Hoquiam game but I don't feel it is enough.......King's is going to beat Monte hands down and then go on to the state title, so here is what I say......King's 45 Monte 13

Im thinking maybe Monte should just stay home, sounds like they dont have a prayer and Kings may be the most powerful team in the entire state in the last 25 years. My pic Kings 456 Montesano 0.

I'm going to revise my prediction, my first one was disrespectful. Monte runs a very deceptive offense and has a good defensive scheme based on last years game but King's still has the better team King's 35 MontE 14

I'd like to nominate Jordan Shawdley for message poster of the year with this series of posts.

Nice work buddy!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Caught the very end of the game cast and I have to say that I was a little surprised and a lot happy that Monte won. It's a program I'm more familiar with and everyone was so high on King's they sounded untouchable. Guess that's not the case . Crazy game that football is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT