Eatonville vs Mount Baker
6pm Saturday in Bellingham

Cascade Christian vs King's
7pm Saturday @ King's

Zillah vs Cascade
Saturday 1pm Wenatchee

Colville vs Royal
Saturday 1pm Moses Lake

RHRF, thanks for getting this up and going. I will just add last week's results to see if we can keep up the good predictions:

Washin..sports and Smallpox are on a lucky streak. 8 of 8
Eastside, BigFbalfan, Ducks&Beavs, TheBOZ, WAHfan only one behind (Darn Zillah) 7 of 8
Mikebacker and OldGrenedier 6 of 8 and Fan of Hoop at 5 of 8.

This week is going to be much harder with some pretty closely matched teams. Pick'em, or flip a coin.

I'll guess first:

Eatonville vs Mount Baker : Mt Baker has had a good run, but this Eatonville team seems to have everything going for them: Eatonville (21-14)

Cascade Christian vs King's: This is the Wildcard match of the week. CC has put a hurt on every team this year, but the schedule was somewhat light. Kings on the other hand lost to a powerhouse 2A team and a good 3A team, and then continued to put the beating on the rest of the 1A field. with the cold weather playing a factor in the last outdoor game, I believe Kings prevail (32-26)

Zillah vs Cascade: Merritt had a good game (some 300yrds) last week against Connell, but I don't see Zillah allowing him to get free. This game will be similar to the matchup earlier this year. Zillah (28-14)

Colville vs Royal: This is going to be a great game. Royal is diverse and Colville is a big powerhouse team. I am going with the coaching and experience of Royal to play a big part in this game. Royal (28-20)

West Side

Mt. Baker over Eatonville 31-24. Mt. Baker hits its postseason stride like a year ago.

Cascade Christian over King's 35-31. Again, I'm taking the postseason experience of Goldsmith and the like.

East Side

Zillah over Cascade 28-14. Came up with the big win over a Freeman team that just got outplayed. If they manage to play like they did last week and shut down Merrit, they should again come up with the W.

Colville over Royal 30-20. Colville is on a roll and their defense looks like one of the best around. They'll look to rattle the sophomore QB and make it to the semis for the first time in school history.

Eastside

Royal wins 35-21
upset special--- Cascade defeats Zillah 28-21

Westside

Eatonville wins 29-28
home field advantage-- King's defeats Cascade Christian 34-28

Wow! Down to just a few games left in the season. It's the best time of the year, but I also hate to see it passing so quickly.

I'll take Mt Baker over Eatonville.

CC over Kings

Zillah over Cascade, unless of course Merritt gets going early and gives them a lead of 2 TD's or more in the first half.

Royal and Colville should be a great game!

ADVERTISEMENT