ADVERTISEMENT

SCAC West season predictions

Linebacker_65

May 16, 2006
I am a West guy, so I'll give ya my predictions for the order of finish:

Zillah 8-1 (7-0)Cle Elum 7-2 (6-1)Goldendale 6-3 (4-2)Naches 4-5 (3-3)Granger 4-5 (2-4La Salle 2-7 (1-5)Highland 1-8 (0-6)
I think Zillah and Cle Elum are going to roll through league play but find some hangups outside the league. For Zillah I am calling a loss to River View, and for Cle Elum a loss to Cascade (LW) and Zillah. I think Zillah and Cle Elum have a knock down drag out fight for that top spot in league, calling a close game, no more than 1 TD spread. Unfortunately they play pretty early in the year, I think like week 4. The West may very well be wrapped up before the half way mark of the season.

So, tell me what ya think. Why am I wrong? Why am I right?

Higland way too high on that list man but that ok its legal here now lolo!1lo
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I telling ya man Mounties would take the league too but we got to win the Whatcrom County league first then we come over there too deal?11!!?

Re: SCAC season predictions

LB_65, your right. This site has usually been booming by now. But I believe it is going to be a rebuilding year for everyone so no one is sure what is going to happen. But in SCAC fashion, one of the teams will have to emerge as they have sent a team (or two in 2008) to the Dome 10 of the past 12 years. I like your predictions for the West side, but was unsure how Zillah would fare after losing all those seniors and I thought I remembered Cle-Elum being a little young after losing their big senior class 2 years ago.

As for the East side, it should be interesting what happens. Only 2 coaches have returned from last year, all the others are new. This should change up the playing style.

Connell

Royal

Riverview

Burbank

Ki-Be

Wahluke

Not going to make predictions on the season records because it may all get screwed up the first week. However, going on program strength Connell and Royal will battle it out early this year. It looks like they will be playing in week 3 with Connell starting off with Othello and Cashmere (2 hard games) and Royal getting Ephrata and Naches (a slightly easier schedule)

Riverview should do well if the QB is back and the new coach uses his strengths. However they lost most of the line and receivers. Burbank, Ki-Be and Wahluke are wildcards.

Sorry Mountie's, I sure it will be another blissful year that comes up short. But good luck to you. I hope it is your year. J

ADVERTISEMENT