ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Final Predictions

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Coming down to the last weeks of the season and three unbeaten teams remain. Someone has to lose this week, who will it be???

Last week was a killer in terms of picking the right team. but this is how it has been all year in the 1A division. (Surprise, Surprise, Surprise) But these surprises certainly evened out the playing field. Almost everyone is sitting with 9 correct picks, mikebacker with 8 and Old Grenedier at 7, it is anyone's game. Fortunately this week is no easier than last week. So tells us, who is going to the big game??? and why??

Eatonville (11-0) vs Cascade Christian (11-0) at Tacoma Dome
Cascade (8-3) vs Colville (11-0) at Joe Albi in Spokane

Ok, I will through my thoughts out there, but based on last week (25% correct) I can't say that these are anywhere correct.

Eatonville (11-0) vs Cascade Christian (11-0) at Tacoma Dome - Eatonville is proven themselves to be good on Offense and Defense all season. no doubt they are a strong group of kids. CC has a history of being top in the state and with the game in the dome this week, it does give a benefit to the throwing team. However, last year CC struggled in the semifinals with holding on to the ball and converting 3rd downs. With that said, the game should be another close game, but only one team can stay undefeated. Going out on a limb to say CC corrects the mistakes from last year and makes a few big plays that will hurt the cruisers. CC (46-42)

Cascade (8-3) vs Colville (11-0) at Joe Albi in Spokane - Week after week Cascade stays in it, but all good things must come to an end. I believe both teams are new to the semi-finals, so experience will not help, and unless Colville overlooks this game they should easily walk over Cascade's defense. it will either be a close, high scoring game or a blowout. Colville wins (43-13)

Good year to have your name start with a C!!

Cascade Christian - Go with the experience here. Seems like they are always in it.
Colville - Don't know much about them, but appears they are on a pretty good roll and playing pretty well.

CC 42 EC 14 -CC has shown all year that speed kills and I think that will come into play again and they should cruise to a victory.

Colville 28 Cascade 7 -I don't know too much about these teams but Colville seems to be the real deal this year. Cascade has had a good run but it will probably end here.

CC over Eatonville, 31-28. I don't know much about them but I do know CC has the playoff pedigree.

Colville over Cascade 35-14. Colville is just on a roll after a great second half against Royal. From the little I've heard or seen, Cascade's defense isn't necessarily their strength. If anything, it will be a shootout, but Colville's defense is too strong for that.

Also, I just want to acknowledge that ducks & beavers exactly predicted the score of the Eatonville Mt. Baker game...

I am going against the grain here. Eatonville in overtime and Cascade Kodiaks by 6. On another note it's nice to see that the CTL is once again in the semis and the SCAC who voted against letting them in there league is not

CC (28-21) because they have the experience.
Colville (59-14) because they have a better defense (good speed and great flow to the ball) and they'll control the ball on offense (rugby scrum offense).

I'll take Cascade Christian by a couple of touchdowns.

I'll take Colville by a bunch of touchdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT