ADVERTISEMENT

Thread deleted

borderite2000

Sep 2, 2004
Why?

Dirk himself came in here and said that there is something going on.

If we can't talk about here, where can we?

Talking about things is fine. But when the kids future is at stake we have to step in. At this point I am fine with the discussion starting up as long as Michael Amsel Junior or the other kids do not get drug in. I belive that authorities are being called into this one and I have archived all the notes.

Let's talk about what should happen to get to the bottom of this and where the buck should stop? Is this an Attorney General Issue? A children services issue? It certainly is not longer a local issue. So unless we want to use the press as Judge Jury and Executioner in these cases, which I am not going to condone, then I need to push this discussion in the direction of some helpful solutions and an action plan.

Thanks Guys.

Dirk

I'm not sure where the line is, so warn me if I get close or cross it. I agree that the discussion should mostly be about the adults, because in reality they have caused the environment for this stuff to occur.

I think the van incident a few years back along with the lack of real true discipline to the coaches involved is a great example of how the tail wags the dog in Chelan right now. The lack of discipline of two of their best football players after they vandalized an assistant track coach (I think that was his position) was another. That issue came down to the football coach threatening to quit and the administration caving.

Chelan hired a new AD this season. I've known him for almost 10 years, and he's definitely the type of guy who'd rather lose with honor than win without it. He's got the potential to be a pretty positive agent of change there. I haven't asked him anything about any of this year's issues and I still won't just out of professional courtesy, but I know his character and I don't believe it's a coincidence that the coddling of coaches and players seems to be ending as of this past summer. Hopefully he's successful there, because according to my gut and the feelings of 3 of my kids who had him as a teacher and coach, he's a fantastic leader with unlimited conviction and character.

I was sad to see him leave teaching in the Wenatchee area, but for the mess that needs to be cleaned up in Chelan, I can't imagine a better candidate.

When the deleted thread was geared around the adults (coaches, parent, School Admin. etc) I did not have a problem with Mr. Amsel's statements, but when he started the attach on his own son and seemed to be heading in a direction of bringing other kids/students into things, to me that is where it has gone to far. Removing the thread was the right thing to do. As I said on the deleted thread, regardless of a students age, they are still a student and we as adults need to respect that. I am sure there is enough garbage out there on other sites (Facebook, Twitter) were kids are ripping other kids. It does not need to happen here. If there is a coach issue, an AD issue, or any other paid employee of the public, then that is one thing. We do not need to attack and damage our students, regardless of the age or even if they are ones own son or daughter. I think the removal of that garbage was a good call. Lets think before we attack the kids on a public site.

Right on guys. Remember this. There are kids here who are Victims. At least that is what I have been told.

I am going to do what someone should have done a long time. Tomorrow AM I will file an official report with State Agencies and let them know what I know.

As far as any of these adults who have been or might be involved well I tell you this. You either better back your stuff and run or get in front of this thing. I will provide the name and number of those I speak to who are going to gather the Data and move this forward.

The reason I now have to do this is I have one adult and one student on the record saying injections did happen.

Now again anyone that wants to bring in names, accusation, and all of that you are free to post that. I can not control that but you better be able to stand behind your statements.

This is not about the relationship between Michael Amsel SR and JR. And I care about Jr. enough to say this is not going to be a place anyone can attack him. He will have to come out swinging for himself soon enough.

My email is dirkknudsen@gmail.com. Send me whatever you want me to report and I will hand it over.

Thanks you guys.

Mike jr. is 19 years old as far as I know that makes you an adult. This story is horrible! I am a father of 4 boys, they all are very competitive and sports is a way of life for us. But at some point high school coaches need to do what's best for the kid, not the game. Letting this kid get his sports eligibility back was a travesty, and from what I know the head coach was the one pushing for that. So, all the other stuff he's being accused of doesn't surprise me at all. obviously he's put winning football games above everything else and that's how the problem starts and it snowballs from there.

I did not name or even hint that I was going to name, any other players or former players on Chelan even if they were 18, 19, 20, or 21 years old. I told important stories about my son to make sure that I was willing to admit his mistakes. Lets face it washington prep fans, look at the postings since my son was a 15 year old freshman, some of the postings were straight out lies and falsehoods. As soon as Chelan defeated Cashmere in 2009, then reached the state semi-finals the rumors were posted on this website.

Enough about my son.

This is about the adults, That's is where the "story " is. That is why Dirk had to shut down the posts. What was going on, was nothing more than grassroots democracy, using in the internet because no local paper, radio station, or media outlet had the courage to tell the truth. This is the United States of America, the year is 2012. The actions were nothing short of 1950's version of the McCarthy hearings, when everyone feared to be labeled a communist.

There were 2000 internet hits, and 50 postings on this "small time" website, when the football season was OVER. No other website, Seattle Times, Rivals, or any other outlet, could match the interest and participation that took place for the three days in the middle of December.

Mike Amsel

As Senior Predicted everyone is going underground or running for cover. I will file a report with a state agency or two this week and I am calling for an official investigation. I have two sources. Trying to protect them and the kids and still do what is right. Pretty sad really. This town has a lot of secrets that much I can tell you. Time is not an issue. For me it is all about the kids and I am not a Slam Journalist. But we shall see what happens. I will write what I know and may just use fictitious names. I am going to try and get a few statements first.

Thanks Dirk and Sr. It is good to see men stand up and do what is right. Wish our government was up to that....... Sr. I know all of this is painful to you and I'm sorry for what you are going through. We love (storgay..sp?) kids more than anything and I know you want what is best for your son. via con Dios as we say in the Southwest.

Keep us informed. I just am not sure about Mr. Amsel Sr.. I just can not understand someone who appears to be out to do all he can to cause damage to not only the adults involved (if what he is saying is true), but also to his son. Seems to be some very deep feelings. If what he is saying is true, I can understand his feelings for Chelan, but not with blasting his son on a public form. Mr. Amsel. What brought you to Chelan. Why did you choose to stay and why did you not move away if you were unhappy, and are you still living in Chelan?

I am sorry, I stated the above incorrectly. If what Mr. Amsel is saying is true, I can understand his feelings toward those at Chelan, but not with what he was saying on the public forum about his son.

I decided "to come out of the internet closet" so that the truth would be told openly. After seeking permission from the people who operate this website, the first thing I did was to identify myself truthfully. I wanted the internet people, the customers of Washington Preps, who still needed e-protection, by using internet handles, so that they could make truthfull inquiries into this crime scene. I knew people would look at me as a "whack job", but I had confidence, that the users of this site would start to ask the "right questions". After 2000 hits and 50+ postings, the truth was starting to reveal itself

It's the Adults !!! Make the school official accountable, where is the Chelan County DA ?

Asks questions about them, make inquiries, demand accountability, seek the truth. Demand that the local papers, radio stations, and other small outlets, are doing their job. Wenatchee World....I told you this story a year ago...and you did nothing.

For the Class 1A and 2A fans who use Washington Preps, that should be your goal......good luck.

Mike Amsel

......Crickets............................................Crickets ...........................Crickets..........

Is there anything new happening? is the dust settling a little bit? I'm interested to see how this plays out.

I've known the head coach and his wife for many years and will be shocked and surprised if he is found to have done anything wrong.

509BusDriver

Remember my original point, "the adults" who run and operate the school district, are the people who need to answer the questions. The people in the Chelan area who's job it is to ask the questions, such as the Wenatchee World, Chelan Mirror, and local radio station, KOZI have journalism professionals who know how to investagate the story. Why are they so "quiet" ?

The wenatchee world is spineless... they dont research or investigate they just wait for people to submit storys for them. They will only push something if it suits there own interest.

It's Friday afternoon, around 3 PM. I've been trying to get ahold a Dirk for the past two or three days hoping he would provide me with the answer to my question.

QUESTION

Why did he delete the 50 or so posts from this website, that had about 2000 hits from various users of Washington Preps?
I told him that the users of this website did not use profanity, or break any other rules of common sense, or violate the privacy of any minors (age 17 years, 364.99 days or younger). He told me my son asked him to remove the information. I told Dirk, he is over 19, plus look at all the bad press he was willing to get into, by trying to get his eligibilty back from the WIAA. But then, I asked Dirk, to list only "one" item in the blog that wasn't true. Needless to say....I'm still waiting for that feedback.

I believe that the politics of this subject is even too hot for Dirk to handle. The only problem with that it is, that everything I put into this website is true, plus I was willing to list my real name and identify myself truthfully.

It's been almost 2 weeks since Dirk pulled the plug. I am going to restart this topic, but first, I will need some input from the users of this website. Please Washington Prep users, display your viewpoints on using this website to communicate your responsible opinions and/or evidence on this subject.

Mike

GET JESSE .......to help !!

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/article/Get-Jesse-Jones-goes-from-football-to-fighting-1305289.php

R23

Get Jesse

Hey Ducks I have a question for you. Why do you think it was a risk of bad press when your son tried to get his eligibility back? What is wrong with that? Is there something more there?

nick danger 85

I would like to answer your question, but I'm having a problem understanding what you are asking. Nick, could you please submit another thread and ask the question a different way. Perhaps take the idea that you want me to comment on and ask it in 2 or 3 questions.

Thanks

So, is this story over? What have you found out Dirk? I see this is up to almost 2000 views again, but not much being said. Lots looking but not much said.

This post was edited on 1/2 9:25 PM by Big River

It's been over 5 days since anyone posted anything on this board. I wanted to make sure that the people who thought what I've been trying to communicate over the past month, and, considered any of my viewpoints as either misleading or "false", had an opportunity to ask me any questions or make any additional comments.

Let's get back to the meat of this story.

Question #1: What is happening in Chelan, as it relates to the doctor who injected my son, and later, a few months ago, three or four other football players, with pain killing injections, without parent permission, so that former coach, Darren Talley could win an extra game or two? Why have not any of the local media told this side of the story? Clearly, the "finger prints" of the Chelan School Board, and the Superintendent, are all over the cover-up of this story.

Any feedback?

Ducks
What do You ultimately want to see done? Prosecution of a Dr? Sue the Chelan School Dist? Coach has already been fired, do you want him criminally charged? What would you like to see done?

Husky5-

All of the above, and more. By that I mean to use this case as turning point in high school athletics, preventing the "Chelan Scandal" from happening to the next town. Much like what took place at Penn State.

Re: Thread deleted Was USC caught doing the same???

Hmm saw this in the news this morning and it reminded me of our thread.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-usc-armond-armstead-lawsuit-part-of-nightline-report-20130103,0,4011553.story

frown.r191677.gif

Michael Senior.

You know what I have asked. For you to verify your claims with any shred of credible evidence, names, dates, times, etc. . Night Line, ESPN, Outside the Lines and Sports Illustrated are all hovering.

But I am one guy. To take this on one needs evidence. I have collected enough to turn this into the DA. I am working on this.

But Mike why are you on here attacking everyone and me to some extent when you yourself...the kids father... have never filed a report at anytime as far as you have indicated? Why are we having to do the hard work while you sit and throw fire bombs and accusations.

No sir. You throw accusations my way that I don't have what it takes when I am focused on helping your son and the other kids in Chelan. What have you done? Not a damn thing but spit conspiracy theory. Can you win in court with the information you have. Can you? If so then deliver me something I can use.

We have exchanged at least 25 lengthy emails and yet I have nothing but accusations and statements off the cuff.

I have done more on this in 30 days then you have done in 2 or 3 years.

So how about you put your money where you mouth is and help. Because all you are doing now is just hurting your son and the community.

I am serious Mike. Help!

Dirk

I agree with Dirk. Senior, you probably have a different relationship with your kid than most of us have with our own judging by reading your posts, but if this was my son, I'd be the one pushing this with the authorities. Why aren't you?

I agree Husky. I just don't get this Mike Sr. fella. Something here just rubs me way wrong. If something was going on at Chelan, It sounds like Chelan did or is dealing with it. If more needs to be done, then so be it. I just don't get the way Mike Sr. is going about all this and why he sat back on his hinny all these years and did nothing. Or so it seems, and now it looks as though he is bringing up stuff just so others will do his dirty work for him. I just don't get it and understand this mans head.

ADVERTISEMENT