ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Already - Who you got???

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Normally I only predict the SCAC because I am not well acquainted with the other conferences, this week I am bringing in CTL because they seem to be playing all the SCAC teams anyway. If there is any westsiders that would like to add some picks, CHIME IN.

Its battle week for 2nd and 3rd place teams:
Cle Elum @ Naches
Riverview @ Connell
Wahluke @ Royal
KiBe @ Waitsburg
Granger @ Goldendale
Zillah @ La Salle
Burbank is off this week.

Cashmere @ Omak
Chelan @ Oroville
Cascade @ Belleview Christian

To make this even more fun, I may keep score from here on out. 1 point for every correct pick. :)

There are a lot of no brainers and a few I am just not sure about.

Cle Elum @ Naches - ugh, first thought was Cle Elum, against Zillah, Naches did better and their offense is moving the ball. I think this will be a mental game and after 2 goose egg games, Cle Elum is struggling to pull together mentally. Going with Naches (21-14)

Riverview @ Connell - And another tough one. every other year I would say Connell without thinking, but they are struggling with morale after a rough start and the panthers seem to be firing well offensively. but that is what everyone thought last year and Connell came in and shut them down. if Connell can get to the quarterback they will win, but I don't see them being very aggressive this year so Riverview in a close one. (28-24)

Wahluke @ Royal - This game may stay close for the first qtr, but Royal will pull away quickly after that. (Royal 48-6)
KiBe @ Waitsburg - I usually don't like to pick 2B teams over a 1A, but I think Waitsburg will win in this high scoring game(48-42)
Granger @ Goldendale - Glodendale has its struggles, but not this week. Goldendale (28-14)
Zillah @ La Salle - Both teams are undefeated, but strength of schedule picks Zillah. (35-14)
Burbank is off this week.

Cashmere @ Omak - Guessing starters will be done by half. Cashmere (56-0)
Chelan @ Oroville - Guessing the Goats aren't bothered by the hornets? Chelan (21-14)
Cascade @ Belleview Christian - Cascade gets a breather this week with an easy game. Cascade (28-7)

I'll throw my picks out there.

Naches over Cle Elum in a close one.
Game of the Week: Riverview over Connell in an even closer one. It all depends whether Connell can keep Riverview QB in check.
I don't know much about Waitsburg, but they have scored points even in their losses. Waitsburg over KiBe
Goldendale fairly easily over Granger
Zillah over LaSalle in another close one.

Cashmere's starters out before halftime.
Chelan over Oroville in a down year for both schools.
Cascade over Belleview Christian

I didn't do well last week especially on the scores but what the hay scores and all!

Naches over Cle Elum 21-7
Connell over Riverview 28-24
Royal over Waluke
KiBe over Waitsburg 42-35
Goldendale over Granger 14-12
Zillah over LaSalle 35-28

Cashmere over Omak 48-6
Chelan over Oroville 21-7
Cascade over B.Christian 21-0

This post was edited on 10/3 2:41 PM by Mikebacker32

ADVERTISEMENT