ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Picks - Last of the regular season

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
This is the last week to pick before the real contest starts. This week has a couple of good games but most leagues have settled into playoff position. These are the games that could be close. Last week was pretty easy and anyone that went out on a limb - broke off. 4 of you guys were perfect, should have put the Forks and the Okanogan games in. Upsets is what makes HS football so fun to predict. What do you have for this week?

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2)
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5)
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4)
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3)
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1)
Hoquiam (6-3) at Forks (4-3)
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) District 3 Superiority

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabe_51
This is the last week to pick before the real contest starts. This week has a couple of good games but most leagues have settled into playoff position. These are the games that could be close. Last week was pretty easy and anyone that went out on a limb - broke off. 4 of you guys were perfect, should have put the Forks and the Okanogan games in. Upsets is what makes HS football so fun to predict. What do you have for this week?

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2)
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5)
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4)
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3)
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1)
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) District 3 Superiority

Granger @ Naches - Rangers are coming off 2 tough loses and I think they will get back on track here...Naches in a close one.
Warden @ KiBe - interesting matchup.....limb time?? KiBe
Chelan @ Cascade - Cascade I guess.....
La Salle @ Cashmere - Valley teams are tough across the board this year in all classes so I will stick with them.....La Salle
Omak @ Okanogan - this games feels like a trap game if there ever is one.....Okanogan
Hoquiam @ Forks - big comeback win for the Grizzlies last week vs 2A Hockinson after being down 26-6 at halftime to win 48-40....hope they fixed things on defense and mix things up on offense or this could go either way...despite the bus ride up 101 Grizzlies big!!!!
Port Townsend @ CCC - CC is always tough year in year out and nothing is different this year, so CCC convincingly!

After this week you need to update us on the current standings please. Unless, of course, I bomb this week.

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2) Winner takes the #3 seed into league crossovers and loser is the #4.
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5) Warden has a little more big play ability, but I think KiBe is more solid. Warden barely beat River View last Friday. A KiBe win creates a 3-way tie for the #3 seed into league crossovers, I believe.
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4) Still riding their high from last week.
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3) This non-league game only serves to provide some momentum to one of them heading into crossovers.
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1) There weak schedule was exposed last Friday, but I think they are still better than Omak.
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0)

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2) - Naches has a better defense to stop Granger. Motivation to win? Loser plays Connell next week.
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5) - the limb looks too sketchy, Cougars are harder to catch than a Bear.
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4) - These two teams have play a wide range of teams including Sultan. Cascade has the harder schedule with the better record. Going with the Kodiaks this week.
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3) - Run vs Pass. Cashmere is not good stopping the pass, and La Salle is typically a passing offense. Could be a high scoring game, but SCAC will prevail.
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1) Okanogan easy. Then again, it is CTL, anything is possible.
Hoquiam (6-3) at Forks (4-3) Forks did good last week, but Hoquiam will be ready.
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) Go Port Townsend. unfortunately I don't think they have enough to surpass CC offense.

Granger (6-2) at Naches (5-3) Rangers win 28-12
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5) Cougars win 26-20
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4) Kodiaks win 42-14
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3) Lightning win 41-12
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1) Bulldogs win 35-19
Hoquiam (5-3) at Forks (4-4) Grizzlies win 52-13
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) Cougars win 42-7

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2) Naches
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5) Warden
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4) Cascade
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3) La Salle
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1) Okanogan
Hoquiam (6-3) at Forks (4-3) Hoquiam
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) CCC
Gonna give a little love to Deer Park vs Newport. Neither team have seen playoffs in a while. If Newport wins and Colville loses Newport gets NEA 3 seed but I'll still go with Stags in a mud bowl

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2) - I think Naches should pull this off at home
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5) - Warden is on a 4 game win streak and it should go on to 5.
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4) - Cascade has a lost a few close ones, I expect them to win.
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3) - Agree with WA sports, SCAC will win
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1) Okanogan is still a solid team
Hoquiam (6-3) at Forks (4-3) Huge stretch here, but its a long drive to Forks after a big emotional win last week. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt heading towards their first playoff game in almost ten years.
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) CCC is always a powerhouse. Hope PT can get it though

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2) Naches ties up #3 spot in SCAC West.
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5) Ki-Be in a close one.
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4) Cascade continues to roll.
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3) La Salle
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1) Okanogan - enjoy it while you can.
Hoquiam (6-3) at Forks (4-3) Hoquiam even though Forks is much improved.
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) CCC proves they are that good.

Granger (5-2) at Naches (5-2) Naches for the much easier path to the state playoffs
Warden (4-4) at KiBe (3-5)Warden will give up some points but will get too many big plays.
Chelan (2-6) at Cascade (4-4)Cascade keep that 3 way tie alive
La Salle (7-1) at Cashmere (5-3)La Salle
Omak (6-2) at Okanogan (7-1) Okanogan same reason as the cascade game
Hoquiam (6-3) at Forks (4-3)Hoquiam
Port Townsend (6-2) at CCC (8-0) District 3 Superiority Cascade Christian

Naches Oakanogan Cascade La Salle and Hoquiam are the only teams which I have seen that won so far.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT