ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 - the week of no return. Who you got

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Each week gets more interesting. Who would have guessed some of last weeks outcomes. This week is a most win for most teams and a battle for bragging rights. Several Injuries are going to play a big part as well.

MikeBacker32 - (5-3 last week, 27-14 Overall)
OldGrenadier - (5-3 last week, 23-10 Overall)
WashingtonSports - (4-4 Last week, 27-14 Overall)
LineBacker_65 - (5-3 first week)

Royal @ Cascade (Top of SCAC vs Top of CTL) This is the game of the week and gets 2 points. OldGrenadier, already put you for Royal on this one, no prediction allowed
wink.r191677.gif
Maybe Ducks and Beavers will offset, he had the right idea last week.
Kibe @ Riverview
Burbank @ Wahluke
La Salle @ Goldendale
Cle Elum @ Granger
Zillah @ Connell
Cashmere @ Chelan
Omak @ Tonasket

I suppose I will go first to get the ball rolling.

I think KiBe @ Riverview is a tough call. Riverview will be looking to finish their season on a positive note, but KiBe has been on a roll. Coin flip says I'm going with KiBe.

I'll take Wahluke over Burbank at home.

It would be fun to try to follow the confusion in league standing if Goldendale can pull it off against La Salle. Goldendale beat Naches and Naches beat La Salle. What the heck, I'm taking Goldendale. (Feel the pressure Coach Hill)

Cle Elum handles Granger.

Call it an upset pick if you like, but I'm also taking Connell over Zillah.

Cashmere will rebound over Chelan, but I think it will be competitive.

Tonasket over Omak.

Hmmm, I thought I posted, but must have forgot to hit post. Oh well. This week is going to kill me i am sure, If the rumors are true about injuries, it could get interesting.

Royal @ Cascade - This will be a fun one to watch, Cashmere pulled off the win in OT against Royal, and Cascade blew out Cashmere. Funny thing is CTL teams seem to defend well against the wishbone and heavy running attacks. and have proven to be better teams at the beginning of the season, but seem to peak a little early in the season where SCAC seems to peak at the end of the season. Cascade is defying this theory and could present a problem and they are pretty diverse in players. However, I think the sophomore QB will have a better passing game if Ayala can suck in the LB's and Ponce finds the holes. Going with Royal (20-14) **hope this will be webcast as I don't think I will make it to Leavenworth.**

Kibe @ Riverview - I have stewed over this one for some time. it is a shot in the dark. Kibe only has 2 wins all season, but that is enough to possibly put them in 2nd place. (Scary) I believe this is homecoming for RV so I don't think Ruvin will through 6 interceptions like Connell did. I am going with Riverview on this one. (21-6)

Burbank @ Wahluke - Rumor has it Treddenbarger is out, if so Burbank is a loss for any running. Wahluke gets their first opportunity to play in the crossovers with a win. Wahluke (21-7)

La Salle @ Goldendale - Not sure La Salle is going to overlook this game, with playoffs on the line, they will stick together La Salle (24-7)

Cle Elum @ Granger - Burchak was out last week and Cle Elum suffered the price, but I think he is back this week. if so, Cle Elum should roll with ease. Cle Elum (21-6)

Zillah @ Connell - with Dunsmore out Zillah is missing that option run, and i believe Connell has homecoming this week. This combo leads me to say Connell wins (24-20)

Cashmere @ Chelan - Even though there is no playoff available for either of these teams, Bragging rights will say Cashmere redeems themselves from last week. (34-14)

Omak @ Tonasket - Winless Omak is not going to upset this 2B team. Tonasket (40-7)

Hope you gentleman don't mind me jumping in. I always love talking pigskin!

Cascade
RiverviewWahluke
La Salle
Cle Elum
Zillah
Chelan
Tonasket

Royal versus Cascade.....Game of the week.

Cascade played a very good game against Cashmere last week. I was somewhat surprised by the margin of victory with their Head Coach being suspended for a game. It appears the team took the punishment to their advantage, and used the episode as a "team bonding" experience to make their players into a true team. Congratulations to the Kodiaks.

I don't think this was a "lucky" moment for Cascade. This will propel them to more team success. In my opinion Cascade has become "the team" on the Eastside of the mountains. The emergence of their offensive line will allow their running back, Dennis Merritt, who is the #1 offensive weapon in the East, to transform the Kodiaks into a ground powerhouse. They remind me of Connell with Matt Hadley a few years ago.

Royal will be "up" for this game, not only because it's at their house, but for SWAC pride. The poor weather this weekend should reward the team with the best running game, and the defense that can stop it. The Kodiaks, playing in Royal, on Royal's turf field, will be inspired to play at their best on the road. I am making the Cascade Kodiaks my "pick of the week".

Go Kodiaks!

Royal over Cascade
KiBe over Riverview 28-6
Wahluke over Burbank 35-21
LaSalle over Goldendale 21-6
Connell over Zillah 31-19
Cle Elum over Granger 28-12
Chelan over Cashmere 33-28
Tonasket over Omak 55-0

It's great to hear from you LCDad. It is much better when everyone comments from different points of view because it brings the teams alive that we don't normally see. We invite everyone to leave comments.

Great victory by Royal over Cascade. You guys gave the Kodiaks an old fashion ass-kicking. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. Also, props to the Mountain Goats from Chelan for defeating Cashmere last night.

ADVERTISEMENT