ADVERTISEMENT

10-7-05 SCORES

The Neah Bay Coaching Staff is heading this program in the right direction. They have some super coach's who are enforcing the discipline long needed to get the program up and running. They have great kids that are not big but play with allot of heart. You can sense that they respect Coach Tyler and his crew. They do not tolerate cheap shots and don't try to run the other team off the field by the 3rd quarter. Crescent got to play all their young kids and we all had fun. Neah Bay had a nice dinner for the teams after the game. This is a class act all the way. Thank you Neah Bay for allowing us to play a full game. Both sides substituted freely and it was over all a great experience.

Coach Kautz:
Thank you for your encouraging words of support. For years I would shake my head in disgust when teams use the mercy rule prior to the start of the second half! Especially when there are 10-15 kids that did not get a chance to play in the game. I always figured by the next football season, all them kids that had turned out, and never had an opportunity to play, are basically starting from ground zero. If they are there busting their butts, they should get an opportunity. That, though, is my coaching philosophy. What goes around comes around. I personally, have been on both sides on this issue when I played for Neah Bay up until 1990. We blew some teams away, and than we were blown out in the State Finals by an awesome team. Along them same lines, we had also set a state record in the title game for penalties/yards penalized. Thinking about that state title game, we may have done better if we had a little bit of discipline. My firm belief is that two things will win you games: discipline and defense. A great deal of what is taught on the football field can carry over to their daily lives.<
Coach Tyler
This post was edited on 10/8 3:10 PM by reddevilfootballif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT