ADVERTISEMENT

1A Out West 103, 112, 119, 125, 130

jt $

Jul 17, 2001
These names are listed in order as you read them on the brackets, so please don't mistake this list as the order I rank these competitors. Its just my opinion as "Ones to watch" down in Castle Rock.

Chapman Vashon
Cortani Forks
Reynolds Toledo
Howard Castle Rock
Brown Rainier - The lone senior in this bracket... Will that be a factor?
Russo Cas.Christian
Deyo Castle Rock
Maris Orting

Hernandez Tenino
Patrick Castle Rock
Martin Stevenson
Protzeller Vashon
Williamson Castle Rock
Diaz Orting
The bottom quarter bracket is anyone's to reach the semis

Adams Castle Rock
Birkett Nooksack
Del Moro Bell. Christian
McNight Winlock
Mann Orting - last year's state champ should find himself in the finals
Billings Nooksack
Hubbard Castle Rock

125 - Might as well list the whole bracket here I guess. Looks like a tough bracket with a couple of good kids not making it to Mat Classic XX
Brown Orting
Scholerman Toledo
Raupp Winlock
Larson Meridian
Mayolo La Center - Freshman that reminds me of a Meeks when he was a freshman (Freakish)
Resutek Tenino
Christofrerson Nooksack
Payne Castle Rock
Roden Castle Rock
Veltri Orting

Wheeler Forks
Powell Stevenson
Oliphant Meridian
Eastman Rochester
A. Fetter Orting
Kelley Nooksack
Ford Montesano
This post was edited on 2/5 5:23 PM by jt $

135, 140, 145, 152, 160

Erece Kalama
Petrovich Forks
Lopez Vashon
After these guys, I don't know what to say. There are a bunch of tough wrestlers I didn't name, but I can honestly say I don't know who is going to emerge. I guess it will just depend on who wants it most.

J. Fetter Orting
After Fetter, there will be some big time battles at this weight class much like 125 and 152.

Sanchez Tenino
Edwards Castle Rock
Z. Lomer Caste Rock
Thompson Orting
Fistolera Kalama - The quarter finals match between him and Stemer will be a WAR, one of the best matches to watch on friday for sure.
Stemer Vashon
Ossman Casc. Christian
Ayala Forks

No reason to name individuals here. Every match is a good one as far as I am concerned. There are some very tough competitors and just like 125, there will be a couple that don't get to advance on to Mat Classic XX.

Meeks Orting
Lambert Onalaska
Jaksha Forks
Pierce Kalama - Tough customer... even tougher draw with Meeks in the same half bracket
Poppe Forks
Dempsey La Center
Hunzelman Kalama - Kalama JV that has knocked off some tough wrestlers this year, and got a better draw than his varsity guy.
Yoo Bell. Christian

171, 189, 215, 285

Phillips Montesano
Brown Stevenon
Aarts Rochester - The quarters match between Aarts and Velling is another match to watch on Friday!
Velling Casc. Christian
Payne Castle Rock
Taylor Friday Harbor
Ramos Casc. Christian
Ballmes Rainier

Williams Castle Rock
Millbank Casc. Christian
Webb Vashon
Dixon Forks
Ide Casc. Christian
White Kalama
Alefteras Montesano
Wilfong Kalama

Sowards Orting
Wishon Forks - should meet sowards in the quarter final and is a must see match for friday
Working Onalaska
Vitkoczy Ilwaco
Swidecki Tenino
Martin Vashon
Rall Stevenson
Baskett Orting - Got one heck of a draw! WOW

Combs Montesano
Jovanovich Vashon
McDonald Kalama
Bowzer Bell. Christian
Don't know how tough 285 was up north, but I hope it was tougher than Evergreen and Trico

Team Race

Here's How I (I better be careful here) PREDICT the team race to shake down.

1. Castle Rock
2. Orting
3. Forks
4. Kalama
5. Vashon
6. Montesano

Re: Team Race

good luck this weekend big dog... and if you can do just one thing on saturday, do me a favor and shock the world. Tell your wrestling partner to do the same. and don't be talking smack to me unless you want me to send my toughest guy to pull his signature move "the garrett express" on you.

Re: Team Race

Who do you think that I am? I do not think you have a clue who I am.. What the heck is the "Garrett Express"?

JT $, were you at the super regionals in castle rock? if so, what were the suprises and what wrestlers looked most dominant and ready for a state title?

i was there, i watched everyone wrestle at least one match. what weights are you looking to gain information on? i mean, i could pretty much write a book covering each weight. my top five pound for pound toughest wrestlers of this region would have to be:
1. Taylor Meeks Orting 160
2. Rogen Lopez Vashon 135
3. Justin Hernandez Tenino 112
4. Sean McDonald Kalama 285
5. Sam Chapman Vashon 103 / Garrett Mann 119 Orting / Lucas Dixon Forks 189

The top 5 kids at 125 are all nails. I wouldn't be surprised to see all five win at the very minimum 1 match, and i think you are looking at 4 of the top 8 placers at state.

At 145 Thompson is head and shoulders above the competition. Stemer beat Fistolera in OT, I saw the first two rounds of the match but missed the remainder of it. Fistolera seems to be ailing from some injuries.

The 215's have the top 4 finishers as the standouts to me... I see all four of these guys placing top 8 in the state also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT