1 - King's
2 - Castle Rock
3 - Chelan
4 - Lynden Christian
5 - Goldendale
6 - Cascade (Leavenworth)
7 - Cascade Christian
8 - Riverview

Final 4 placement matches: King's d. Castle Rock (3-1), Chelan d. Cascade (3-0), Lynden Christian d. Cascade Christian (3-2), Goldendale d. Riverview (3-2)

http://www.tourneytown.com

Times they are a changing...

For the first time in a lot of years then NEA sent a team that didn't win a trophy, for the first time in a generation or two the NEA didn't have a team place. Is NEA domination of 1A volleyball over? Could be.

Re: Times they are a changing...

Not sure about spots 2-8 but Kings will be tough next year after this years team gets a little more experience...

Agreed...for the last couple of years you would be hard pressed to find a school that does so well in all sports. Kings takes a lot of prize in their athletics.

I might agree with you, but I don't think that you would be too hard pressed to find a girls program that does well...Colfax girls volleyball just bagged their 5th consecutive title and their girls basketball program had 4 in a row. Not too bad for a little farm town up north.
This post was edited on 11/18 10:31 PM by hoopaholic12

A trip through Colfax' championships

I have to agree with hoop...Colfax is an amazing story. It's almost unimaginable how they can field such a tough squad every year. Gotta be coaching.

Boy I would of loved have seen Kings vs Colfax this year.

Coaching and community support are big but more so because coaching and community support don't mean squat without this: The girls buy into it and buy into it from a very early age. They can see success around them and have real life practical models of how to be a part of that success.

Last year I saw the Teade girl leave the gym after a basketball game and there were about seven or eight girls that must have been in fifth or sixth grade and she took the time to share a word on the win and a smile with them. When you can touch and be touched by your heroes and see what it takes to become that, well that's a great place to start building a program right there.

ADVERTISEMENT