ADVERTISEMENT

Green-Omak 3x state vet 2x placer gave marquez a match going into OT and look for another great match between those 2 at state but Marquez will have to get through Izzy Torres-nooksack who could be the best at this weight after dominating Mike Collins(castle rock) at the Rainier tourney

Who ever wrestles Marquez is going to have their hands full. He is unbeaten and dominated all his opponets. Green was a good match, but he also gave up a cheap escape with 4 seconds left in the 3rd round.

lol i think there were some lucky things that happened in marquez favor wait till he encounters a more technichal torres

in the Mabton finals he was losing 10-5 in the third and threw the guy and pinned him. I dont remember who that was though.

I would like to say that I don't know about his other matches but against green he did not "dominate". I never once saw him take a shot. I will admit that in ot Green did give up the escape, but that was a tough match for both of them, they were both breathing hard.
This post was edited on 2/6 8:31 AM by wrstler's daughterif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I was at the Mabton tourney, and Marquez was winning 10-5 against Daniel Hansen, a 2A State Placer from Riverside Oregon, and then pinned him. He was never behind and was dominating the match. Marquez ended the season 30-0. The thing about Marquez is that he is a very good counter wrestler , extremely strong, and can make a very good technical wrestler look like he doesn't know what he is doing. That Green match was 6-4 but Green was awarded two penalty points, one for hand to the face, which was very questionable and for a locking hands call. I would consider Green a very good tech. wrestler, but he was held in check. I think that Torres Marquez and Green will be the favorites, but there will be 13 others that maybe a mistake or a throw a way from an upset.

backer,curious to find out what you thought was lucky....
This post was edited on 1/30 12:25 PM by ghsx2if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Besides the Mabton tournment what other tough ones did Mabton wrestle at. I keep seeing the 0 losses and undefeated thrown around but I am not sure what that means. Tri-State, Royal Rumble, NOHI, ect. There should only be a handful of undefeateds at this point in time of the season. I am not even sure how many are out there but to be fair they need to have the tournaments to back it up.

And I know Marquez is a good wrestler we have gone toe to toe with him in the past.

I know Mabton was at the first Warden Tourney, Bruketta from Kittitas was injured, so Marquez got a default. Bruketta was at the Mabton tourney, but got pinned by the Hansen kid. I know that he pinned the kid from Reardan in the Royal Rumble final. and they were in Freeman and Wahkiakum tourney. I guess you just wrestle who is there and keep sharp in practice!!! I tell you the dark horse may be Jones from Naches. He is a pretty tough wrestler and could give any one of the top three at 215 a scare.

True fact we have seen him a couple of times in the past and saw him at the Connell tournament very tough wrestler.

Come to think of it, I believe Marquez has three losses in the last two years. Two were at hwt., one to Lopez from Granger (state champ in 05 and 3rd in 06), one to Alvarado from Warden in OT(2nd at state in 06) and to the kid that took 2nd last year at 215(lost in the semi's) I think it is fair to say that he should be a heavy favorite. Didn't Green beat Torres last year, and does anyone think Green can beat him again?

in 4a, Brett Fredrickson of Moses Lake, and Dimitri Miles of Pasco, these guys kick Ace! hope one of these guys wins state

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT