ADVERTISEMENT

2A Predictions??

fhs1984

May 20, 2006
On the eve of the District matches, anyone care to make predictions on 2A players heading to State?

Not sure about the boys, but the girls should be very interesting. I know that with the Nisqually, Foster has three quality golfers and could sneek in a fourth to state. Keep the name Kent in mind. The older brother Patrick just finished his first year at Colorado Chirstian on a golf scholorship. The middle one Jennifer made state last year in her first year as a golfer and the little sister Mallory is all that. She currently has a scoring average of 85 as a freshman, and more then caplable of shooting in the 70's. State will be fun with all of the quality golfers that have moved down from the 3A ranks.

How about the guys? Anyone know who's going?

Girls 2A - Bellingham will take it again, their whole team qualified and they have won it the last 5 years, or was it 6!

From what I saw last year, the Hockinson boys were a force! What are they doing this year? I have seen a couple of the Bellingham area schools this year and they have some solid girls.

The Apple Tree is in great shape. The CWAC Girls were there yesterday and the qualifying scores ranged from 90 to 116. Only one kid broke 100. Ashley Amoruso from Othello is pretty consistant. The greens are almost healed from the punching and top dressing. When the wind blows in the spring, imagine that...wind in Central Washington in the spring, conditions get a bit tougher. We haven't had many days without wind, and have an order in for a nice non-windy week next week. I will GAURANTEE that there will not be as much rain as there was last year! Having both the boys and the girls at the same course will be a bit of a nightmare as far as getting kids to finish. 160 kids on day one makes for a loooooong day. Good luck all and bring suntan lotion!

Old posts

Just for the record - this thread was started either a year or two ago so please when reading realize that my post and the ones before it are from 2007-2008 NOT THIS YEAR.

Re: Old posts

Way to keep us up on things there Chance. So, how is golf going in the Middle East?

ADVERTISEMENT