ADVERTISEMENT

3.Okanogan vs Toledo

I know nothing about Toledo, but have seen Okanogan play many times this yr. They are big & very strong/tough inside. Justin Rivas is the best/quickest point guard in the CTL which is a big statement when cashmeres Dillon Boyd is in the same league. Rivas can totally take over a game with his quickness & will make any ball handler pay with their weak hand. Overlooking them would be very foolish!

I have a feeling Toledo is this year's Naches Valley....a team everyone assumes will stomp there way into the Championship and then gets upset in the first round. Not sure who to pick, wouldn't be surprised if OK won.

I'm not sure who will win this one as I've never seen Okanogan play and their record is impressive coming from a solid league. I'm not sure Toledo is capable of getting into the championship but they did make the final eight so they are pretty skilled, but then so is everyone there. They've played 5 games in the dome since last yr, they have a solid senior nucleus, and an excellent coach who always gets his teams peaking at the right time. I think they win it in a close one.

Toledo has the experience factor. Also a very good post season coach. I give them a slight edge

I haven't but I think if it's close, experience, coaching , and leadership play a big part. All these Toledo kids saw experience in the Dome last yr, 2 of their best players started here last yr and the first two kids off the bench this yr are starting and 3 others that were there are in the rotation. They played a good White River team there at the Xmas tournament this yr and beat them, and then also beat Issaquah. They're playing real comfortable and loose right now, having exceeded everyones expectations because of their graduation last yr. I think it will come down to Okanogan being able to step in and get comfortable in the state experience in the Dome. I know they have some really good players, and it sounds like the Rivas kid may be a matchup issue, but Toledo has great size and can handle the physical style of play at that level.

I just looked over their respective schedules. Okanogan's best win is probably the "W" over Cashmere late in the season after Cashmere roughed them up earlier. Toledo has a good win over White River, and a couple wins over Kalama. That's about it for both teams. I expect a close game between these two.

First of all. All of the fine folk on this message board are idiots if they think that Toledo will not go deep into the playoffs. They easily have one of the best coaches in the state. They have a big man in Brennan Rakoz that can pull up from deep and has the ball handling skills of a point guard. Austin Trafelet can challenge any player in the state. The Indians are the most conditioned team around and they will run train all the teams in this tournament.
uzi.r191677.gif

Im sorry JWoods but the way you are talking you act as if Toledo can run with Granger. No the only way I see Toledo and Granger facing each other would be in the Consolation rounds. I think Toledo can go far, but not with a run and gun mentality, and I think they will have a VERY tough time playing a very athletic SA or CPC team on day 2. Toledo is very good, but so are the other teams in the state, don't get ahead of yourself here.

I'm really looking forward to this game. My wife and I make the trip every year. I watched Toledo last year at the Tournament, and I was impressed. The comments about them being well coached are not over stated. I feel as though Okanogan has sort of slipped in under the radar this year. I anticipate a great game.

I had the opportunity to see both of these teams play this year and i would give a slight edge to toledo. Okanogan is big/strong and can rebound well. Toledo will have to control the boards to win this one. Rivas is a great guard and will harrass the opposing teams point guard.

Rakoz and trafelet but theyre playing very well together right now and Their coach will have them well prepared. Warrant is right though about their strength of schedule but the same could be said of several others. In dec I wouldn't have given them a chance but they like their chances now and so do I

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT