ADVERTISEMENT

auburn

Auburn is great, but they are no better than a few of the teams they've had in the last 5 years... and none of them have won state yet. I'd say they are definitely a favorite, but it's such a crapshoot when you get to the playoffs. It just takes one bad day, and one "thumber" who's got it working that day. Come on, it's baseball... nothing is a sure lock.

Actually I agree with the first statement...A. 3a leauge is not that strong and B. this team IS stronger than any other Auburn team in the past 5 years, name a Auburn team in the past five years that has 5 maybe more players that were going D-1 after high school, i cant do it....This team has 5 at least so far

oh yeah, they lost one starter from a team that got 2nd in state and loss to JACKSON

so I feel they are the best team on paper that has been at auburn in a while
This post was edited on 12/5 5:14 PM by ABravesFan16if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

If we are talking about the 2007 season thats a tough question. 3A is going to have good compitition for auburn. a few teams will have descent pitching staffs to compete with auburns and there are a few teams with above average hitting line ups. My prediction is Auburn on top of Bonney Lake, Auburn Riverside, and Enumclaw. Although it is tough to determine the order becuase everything changes mid season when you play the teams a second time

Hey buddy.

There is no way you just said that. Who is going to match up on paper with auburn. I mean maybe if there are a few spontanious combustions, or an alien abduction, they have the best squad. Bonney Lake has a legit team, some D-1 guys, some arms, but please, think about what you just said. Please. Go through auburns line up, come back and give me a report. Deals.

Auburn will go undefeated and win state. I hate to say it, but they will. They lost one guy who was no part of their success. I don't agree with whoever said they have 5 guys going D-1, that's a joke, but they do have one or two.

Auburn will not have a problem in the 3A league. Auburn is the best team in the state, all classifications, hands down. I personally hate Auburn, but let's get real.

I am for real on this. Auburn only blows out teams that have no pitching and depth and no ligit offense. It's only natural that underdogs step up and give Auburn an upset or two throughout the year. IT's not like im saying they wont win league. There are new teams like Franklin Pierce and Bonney Lake that auburn didnt play last year which could give auburn trouble JUST becuase they have a pitching staff and decent hitters in their line ups. If you look at auburn last year i think they had 4 or 5 games where they were losing until the last one or two innings and the only reason teams couldnt close those last two innings was becuase they dont have the pitching depth that auburn does

first off, tiger or whatever your name is. 5 D-1 guys is not a joke, so lets be real. Also, im done talking about this stuff, wait till season and you see aburn come out, i dont care who pitches, who's in their line-up. this is a squad. if you'd like me to name the guys, i'd be glad.

Listen man... talk is cheap. Yeah, they are definitely a big time team. Probably would be a disappointment if they didn't win state. However...

it takes ONE BAD GAME during the playoffs to end it all. One.

I don't care how many D-1 guys are on the team. We're talking about high school age kids. Great ballplayers, but they are high school kids. They lack maturity to a degree, they lack a few intangibles that they will gain as they get older. It just takes one bad game...

Reference: Auburn of 2004. 20-0 in regular season. Ran into Hudson's Bay in the first round of state (which was a crime in itself). Season over. They finished 22-1. Made it to the round of 16 at state. PS - Greg Peavey is still at Hudson's Bay, along with Ponciano.

Regardless, to say it's a foregone conclusion that they'll win state shows your youth. That being said... I'd like to see them do it.

ponciano is actually a freshman at wsu. im well aware of the age level, im well aware of the intangibles, due to my playing. but i feel, this team, will overcome any adversity, and will let nothing get in there way, be it a thumber, a heater, whatever it is, they'll get it done.

Yes, my mistake. I thought about that after I wrote it...

Anyways, Hudson's Bay serves as a random example for my point. It really could be anyone. I'm pulling for Auburn. I think it sets up well for them. They'll still have to play good ball throughout the league schedule to be successful, and I think that will keep them sharp for the postseason. I'd like to see Kuykendall get a state title. He's a great guy.

If I were making a lineup against them (unless I had some serious firepower), I'd start a soft lefty. Be quick to the hook if I had to... but keep changes speeds on them. I can tell you right now that Mr Olson would rather hit the flat one than the bender. Now, I can't speak about Killsgaard, Scott... but I know I wouldn't throw Buchanan a FB either!

Good luck to Auburn... it'll be fun to follow.

Im kind of upset i misses TIGER tellin me auburn doesnt have 5 D-1 players, here it goes

Kellen Kiilsgaard- Stanford
Cam Christian- will most likely go to WSU
Kyle Buchanan- any d-1 he wants, no doubt, unless he goes pro
Troy Scott- Washington
David Olson- Will probably go to WSU if not already said he will? not sure bout that one

so there is five right there, unless i counted wrong

not to mention other juniors that are talkin to colleges

when the first five guys in your lineup are going D-1 I think they might do alright

and when they do face a good pitcher and may only score a few runs
they have a D-1 pitcher on the mound, dang, are they a D-1 team? haha

They may have close games this year, thats no doubt, maybe even lose but it will be to bonney lake early in the season if it does happen

The real test will be when they play tahoma in pre season, Tahoma also has D-1 signees, will be a great game

good luck to all the other teams, youll need it

Kellen Killsgaard - will not play baseball at Stanford, will not pitch for Auburn this year, he is a football player, and that's all he wants to be in college.
Cam Christian may never pitch in another game in his life, therefore will not go to WSU, may go CC or D-3 to play outfield and hit, but not D-1

The Troy Scott signing is a joke in itself, Buchanan is a stud, Olson is a stud, both of them are legit D-1 players as of right now.

Tiger, you are an idiot.

I dont want to be mean, but you are stupid.

Kellen already basicall has a spot on the team if he so chooses.

Cameron can play at numerous D-1 colleges to hit and play outfield.

Troy is a 6'4" left handed hitting smooth swing with hands, and you say its a joke. With him getting MLB scouts speaking with him frequently. Figure it out.

Olson is a monster with a hack, period.

Buchanan is good.

Figure it out Tiger, feel free to reply, if not go back in your den. Sorry lions go in dens, go wherever tigers go.

Bye

P.S. Look at some stats, Cameron led the team in hitting. All state, so whatever you are basing this off, please tell me. I believe it is opinion, so give me your reasoning. Please make it good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Oh Tiger, just set himself up, go gators, thank you for actually knowing the facts about stuff

tiger please figure stuff out before you say stuff, cam christian has and is talkin to wsu and has said he WILL sign with them, its not juts a rumor, he WILL do it, also He WILL pitch this year, i play on his summer team, so in essence, i see him throw at practice and talk with him probably everyday, the only reason he isnt getting offers is because of his grades

now on to kellen K, he will play baseball, quoting him prit near...unless I am a key factor in the stanford football season as a freshman, that is what he said

I think ill let gators speak enough for troy scott, ill also add he had other offers from other schools so it wasnt just a fluke

Tiger, "you are an idiot"

yea im goin to have to NOT agree tiger ur not the smartest one in the den if i may say so myself.... CHUCKLE CHUCKLE

for the simple fact a signing to a D-1 school is something big no matter what you're probably the fat kid that sat in the dugout and kept the score book and pitch count....

and u know what i have respect for guys like you because you got all the big splinters out the bench from sitting on it so the REAL players would be okay to play and not get hurt....

so if u have a reply to that then tell me if i'm wrong and stop hating on high school students who are trying to go somewhere with their life....

thanks bud

Auburn's talent is no joke this year. It will be a disappointment if they are stopped short - they have power in the lineup, a deep pitching staff, and an attitude from last years run that might be dangerous.

ABraves you think the 3A league is not strong? Then you are forgetting about one corner of washington, The Southeast. With teams like Kamiakin, Kennewick, and West Valley Im Thinking Auburn might have a little trouble going the distance.

If you think those teams can beat auburn, then i think you are forgetting LAST YEAR, when this same exact team, minus a guy, got second in 4A, with all of those 4 teams being from this side of the damn mountains or wherever you are from,

actually 3 of the 4 in the final four were from the spsl north, i think that speaks for itself

also, i really have not seen a team from the southeast be dominate, richland back a few years but since, they always have lots of talent and dont ever make it over here to the good(north) side, :)

You haven't seen a team from the southeast dominate in a few years? Try opening your eyes. Richland won state in '05, and Southridge won in '04. That is two out of the last three years that a team from the southeast has won state. But i guess winning state doesnt count as dominating.

oh crap, shit sorry, ill repeat myself, in quotes "richland back a few years but since" so thank you for repeating me and saying richland, thanks, cuz last time i checked a "few" usually means 2 or 3

and i wasnt meaning one cingular team i was saying that in the whole, teams from the southeast do not dominate over teams over in the north, cuz the guy before me came at me with 3 or 4 teams that said they could beat auburn

i kno its just stats on paper an hipe but where are all these teams being ranked nationally??????

auburn is

Ok Auburn probably has the best team in the state when you match up other teams line ups everyone gets that point so if your on the team show class and prove it on the field and not with talk and if you dont play for them then dont talk

Abraves, i am pretty sure you are missing the point. LJS was saying that not just Richland won two years ago, also Southridge won it three years ago. So TWO out of the last THREE years, a team from the Southeast has won state. You made it sound as though the southeast hasnt done anything in a long time, but clearly they do pretty well. Never did he say s southeast team would beat Auburn. For years the Big 9 (now the CBL) has been one of the toughest, if not the toughest conference in Washington. Ask any coach who has been around for a while. The number of players that have come out of the Big 9 and gone on to the next level is staggering. Does that mean a team from the CBL will win state and beat Auburn? No, but it is always a possibility, that is why they play the games. All LJS, myself, and the other guy are asking for is a little respect.

oh i have respect, sorry for coming off like i dont, good baseball over there, but my point was last year, the #2 #3 and #4 teams in the STATE, were from one division, SPSL North, not even just SPSL, but SPSL NORTH so sorry but i think that is a little better than the big 9

i just dont see any team in the state with depth like auburn

much respect to southridge though, have a very good program year after year

and yes, those other schools do supply good baseball players, but to be real honest i think auburn has gone probably 8 or 9 years in a row putting kids into top D-1 schools, on the most part

will be a great postseason, many great teams in 3A

This is for the smartass who didnt think auburn would lose a game... They lost to Bonney Lake 5-1 and both Aces were on the hill. I told you compitition would be hard in this league and I told you Auburn would have a couple losses

Name a kid from Auburn who has gone to a TOP D-1 school in the last 8-9 years?

Also back to my original statement, Cam Christian did pitch this year so I was wrong, but he is not going D-1, I was right.

Hmmm... interesting. You might be right... however, it sounds pretty moronic for you to bring that up, since:

#1 - KC Herren was drafted in the 2nd round by the Texas Rangers in '04, and was the best player in the state (college or HS) that year.

#2 - Ahaji Turay was virtually of the same caliber as Herren in '01. He was unbelievable.

Neither went to college. Herren was signed with UW before being selected 50th overall and opting for the pros. I'm not sure what Turay's plans were before the draft.

To imply that Auburn hasn't put out great ballplayers, whether D1 or not, in recent history is silly. It's been a year in and year out power in the SPSL, with great ballplayers.
This post was edited on 4/29 9:03 PM by Wildcat alumif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Did I hear you right that you consider UW a TOP D-1 school in baseball?

I also believe the statement was 8-9 years in a row, you named two, where's that 8-9 in a row?

Listen, bud... I'm not sure why I'm taking the time to respond to your senseless blabber, but I guess I'm being sucked in. Here's something for you ---- I'm not an Auburn guy. Not an Auburn guy at all. In fact, I don't really like them that much. However...

I was simply telling you about 2 guys that you missed in your "vast" (not really!!!) search of all HS talent in the last 8-9 years. Regardless of where KC Herren had signed before he was drafted 50th overall, he was one of the greatest HS players to come out of the state in our state's history. The fact that this happened 3 years ago, and you simply glazed over him in your original statemet, tells me alot about your knowledge. Ahaji Turay was also as good as any kid who's ever come out of HS in our state, and they both graduated FROM AUBURN IN THE LAST 8-9 YEARS. I believe this answered your question.

Maybe YOU should go back and read your original statement. You said, "Name a kid from Auburn that has gone to a TOP D-1 school in the last 8-9 years?". How does me naming 2 kids who were actually BETTER than TOP D-1 level not answer your question?

Also - While we're educating you... your "TOP D-1" baseball that you speak of, is the equivalent of high "A" ball in the minors. The truth is, that it's not uncommon for every JC to have at least a couple of players who could or will be starters on "TOP D-1" teams... what I'm getting at is the amount of players that a team has sent to a "TOP D-1" school isn't even that telling...

Please don't respond unless you really have something this time...

Well, I may not have everything figured out, but I'd have gogators' car right now in a hypothetical world.

No question in most people's mind that Auburn was probably the best team in the state this year... extremely exciting and talented. However, without 2 "true" aces (Brown, Olson and Christian are very, very good... but still not true aces), nothing is a lock in high school baseball. Boy, look at all these teams in the championships with around 10 losses...

I'll go back to my original comment... at the end of the day, these kids (even Auburn Trojans!!!) are 16-18 years old. They are kids. Even big leaguers have weaknesses... why would we believe that a 16-18 year old kid wouldn't? Even to "put our car" on the fact that they are a lock to win a state title, before even seeing the field.

What a neat ride, though. Congrats to Auburn. I know you fell short, but you were a special team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT