ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn

Auburn this and Auburn that... What happened last year? They lost too many players from a team that couldn't even go the distance. The East side of Washington is going to bounce back this year in 3a. Look out for the Kennewick Lions, who return 9 all conference selections, and will have a senior starting at almost every position. They will hit the crap out of the ball and they have enough pitching to make a run at the title. Mt. Spokane will also be a tough Eastside team. They have one of the best shortstops in the state, and a couple of really good arms.

What are you talking about???? Eastide players??? Are you kidding me. Do you not know that Kyle Buchanan, WSU commit, was one of the catchers for the US Junior Olympic team??? He is supposed to be one of the best catchers in the country and go in the draft quite high this year.

And on the mound, David Olsen, WSU commit, can throw and hit better than anyone on the eastside can as a pitcher primary.

And Shreve... Did you see any of the state tourney last year? Some of the plays he made were probably the best in the entire state tournament. Making a bare handed play on a grounder with a bad hop, on Safeco Field, to make the play and pull a back handed Jeter throw... Are you really trying to tell me that there are better players on the Eastide than that?

I will agree that Richland was pretty legit last year, but come on Westside owns in 3A and 4A.
This post was edited on 11/15 8:45 PM by stud_muffin22

They lost too many players huh. And when they lost Alhaji Turray, your right the next year they werent good, only making it to state and going 21-0, not impressive. And when they lost K.C Herren and company, not good again, again state and almost flawless record. Ryan Berryhill, same story. Every year auburn loses players, and every year they are strong and state contendors.

Also, its not all about players, it is about chemistry, issaquah had minimal talent compared to Auburn, but they performed as team and took down the trojans. This year is the best gelled the trojans have ever been. Not making any promises, or putting my car on it, but you will again see Auburn High School in the top ranks of the state.

Yeah stud muffin I believe that 3 of the last 4 years in the 4a division an Eastside team has won the ship. Yeah Westside really owns.
This post was edited on 11/20 11:51 AM by Maleet17

Ok stud_muffin22 you agreed that richland was legit. The Kennewick team that was full of juniors beat them last year, and almost had a sweep of the doubleheader but in the second game richlands shortstop hit a 3 run walkoff homerun to win by 1. Thompson pitched the first game and Leid pitched the second. Kennewicks ace was a 6'7" sophomore last year, and after playing senior legion last summer, he is ready to be dominant. D-1 schools are drooling over him. He is complimented by 2 more all conference pitchers. Kennewicks lineup returns 2 players named to all state teams, not to mention 5 more all-conference position players. How many starters did Auburn lose? Also, the Auburn team last year was supposed to be nationally ranked and they couldnt even win the state title!

Kennewick? List some names, give me all these studs. I dont care how tall the guy is, does he have presence on the mound, plus stuff? Drooling? I dont even know his name? All conference? You can be average joe and get all conference. They lost 3 big ones, in all other postions we upgrade. They werent supposed to be ranked, they were, and were ranked preseason, and post season, ask anyone, Auburn was the best team in state, hands down, on paper and on field. I know your going to come back saying, o well they didnt win it all so they werent good, but like all these people say, anyone can beat anyone.

The thing about Kennewick is they don't need to name names. Baseball isn't an individual sport. They will mash the ball, the defense will sport a senior starting at nearly every position, the pitching staff is filled with experienced kids who know how to win, and the whole team has been waiting for four years to get to this season. They don't care if you know individual players, but you will know about their team by the time the state tournament rolls around.

Show me a high school outfileder where all 3 outfileders run under 4.5 and you'll find the Easter Bunny at Short, Santa at 2nd, the Tooth Fairy at 3rd, Sasquatch at 1st, Paul Bunyon on the mound and Zorro behind the Dish.

When you make those types of claims you loose your credibility. Most HS don't have one guy sub 4.5 - Zero None!

You probably can't find a college or MLB team with that speed.

slugger, you are right. i mean first team all spsl is a much larger, more difficult and way more prestigious than making the 18u national squad. buchanan is just a slob then i guess. shreve, you really going to bang on him? he is a pain on the bases and will steal 15 plus bags this year. will be the top leadoff hitter and shortstop in the league. hands for days. and like you say, olson is a god. i know all of this is just on paper, but trust me, the trojans have gelled and will be a threat.

Well gators all i have to say is i wish i would have accepted that bet for your car last year, because i would have one more vehichle in my drive way.

Agreed well written, but, every year its all about SPSL and im telling you East side teams will come out on top. Mt. Spokane and kennewick are really tough you cannot just push them asside. Even if we named names, you wouldn't recognize players, because they play as teams not as individuals and thats what some people on this site need to get. Yes Buchanan is pretty legit, but what about the other 17 guys on that roster. What if Buchanan goes down, who is behind him on the depth chart? How hard is that second string guy working in the off season? These are the facts that need to be written on this sight to prove the strength of a team.

i totally agree with the team verbage. in no way am i not impressed with the eastside, i love guys from over there, strong players and year after year strong teams. mattair, arnold, kittredge, every year there are studs and teams. but i never get a chance to see them, only when the spokane dodgers come over the mountains in the summer time. i am just talking about what i can see and hear from various sources. with the huge losses of scott, kiilsgaard, christian etc auburn has realized that no longer will big names fuel them far into the postseason, this has been addressed and auburn is already extremely team oriented. with off-season workouts open to any auburn high players i am told. season after season it is always a battle and washington high school baseball is continuing to get better and on the radar.

CBL

Well every day I see local talent at the batting cages. Richland, Kennewick, Kamiakin, and Hanford high Ball players working hard for two or three hours. Kennewick and Kamiakin especially. You can tell these boys want succes by the way they work hard for it. They know their coaches can't hold their hands threw the off season, so, they take it upon themselves to get prepared. The only Southridge kid I see working right now is a junior pitcher. All I can say about him is, his fastball has more pop to it, and the off speed is getting nastier than ever. As for the rest of Southridge, ok junior class with a couple studs in the middle infield, but thats it no one else is too impressive. So look for Kennewick at the 1 spot Kamiakin at 2 for 3A. 4A richland on top all the way.

Ok i might have been saying too much about our outfielders speed but i would throw $20 in the pot an say they would beat Shreve in a foot race...im being totally serious!im not knockin on Buck .. he is a really good athlete and congrats on making the u18 national team but everytime i see him play he is laxidazical. I know all the pac-10 is on his jock but honestly... WSU????? he could play for a team that is in the top 10 in the nation and he picks WSU!

Travis is a fast little guy that will have a lot of steals.. im not taking anything away from him.

Olsen is a power house that will have several bombs this year .. no doubt

Embery is a joke! and i dont think his team will be as well rounded with out kuykendal.

Like i said before the season started, Embery is a Joke! He didnt even make it through the whole season!
cool.gif

Buck is going to WSU. and sherve i heard is thinking about Skagit Valley.
Auburn is still a good team but they are no where near the Dynasty they were last year. Last week after one of Auburns game, Buck was getting interviewed after he went 0-3 with 2 K's. Another game during pre game warm ups, a guy was on the field filming Buck playing catch with Sherve. That game he also had 2 K's. I have not seen the light from god shine down on buck when he is playing. in other words he hasn't stood out anytime i have watched him play. Yeah he has a gun behind the plate but so Cody Rykman "White River", Alex Slouwn "sumner", and Kevin Whitehead "Franklin Pierce". He must be amazing on his summer team because i havent seen anything extrodinary. Im not saying he isnt a good player. im not talking crap just stating the facts.

Kyle Bray have fun in the loser out game. You obviously are infatuated with the play of Kyle Buchanan. It's sort of funny for the simple fact, what'd you do against Auburn???? I'm pretty sure you had a sufficient amount of k's yourself. Wait until the first week of June and we'll see what people who do this for a living think about Kyle.

ha ha well thats funny considering i am in the top 20 batting averages in our league with 3 bombs. in the two times we played auburn i only had 3 strike outs out of 9 at bats. im not hatin on BUCK you dousche. no duh he is a good player. like i said there are 3 other good ass catchers in the league who have out done him. alex slouwn (sumner) is going to win first team anyways. and we didnt playing in the loser out game. what happen with you guys vs bonney lake??? oh yah you got RAPED! they have never beat us. i hit the game winning three run bomb in the bottom of the seventh when we played them. soo get your facts straight who ever you are. Im not hatin on buck soo chill out.

hmm last time i saw auburn play they lost in the state championship game. Whats the big talk about them? wow someones going to wsu..oh jeez sucha a good d1 program for baseball..maybe you should make it over to the eastside and watching Richland play. Solid 1-9 and to much help on the bench as well.

wow jealousy sure brings out a lot of interesting posts.
D1 is D1 I say congratulations to any ballplayer who has the grades and abilities and desire and is offered a scholarship. Go for it. WSU is headed the right direction, so I wouldn't knock them. I do wish there was better coverage statewide on baseball though. I guess the state tourney will sort it through. I'm especially interested to see if Richland makes it back, they appears to have the bats, but I don't know about the pitching, do they have anyone with an ERA under 3.00?

Kyle Bray,

Have fun the rest of the playoffs. Hope to see you in the stands at some of the Auburn games. Your top 20 batting average obviously helped your team in the playoffs. Saw your name in a lot of box scores. So good playoff run and have fun at home.

who are you Gogators69?
anyways if you were trying to be sarcastic then check out the seattletimes. im in there enough. but i am rooting for auburn now because we got knocked out from bonney lake which was bull. plus Baj was our coach this year and he was hella dope. i hope he gets the head coaching job next year at Auburn. anyways good luck to Auburn and see you there.

Yeah Gator... I'm just trying to figure out what happened to the team of studs from Auburn, because that team of no names from Kennewick is playing at SafeCo, Friday at 10 a.m. if you want to come watch.

maleet, where is that coming from? Me and you have agreed and talked about many things on this site, but I never insulted you. I asked a question about names yes, but not even to you. I was only trying to get some names out of that other character. I don't know where the negative energy is coming from. Both of us are smart baseball fans, i didn't expect a reply like yours, at least not from you, maybe firstbaseslugger or something.

Buck,
i never said that you werent a good player or that auburn sucked. so i dont know where the sarcasium is coming from? i was just posting my questions that i had about auburn that never got answered and not talking crap. everyone knows you didnt have the year that you wanted. 2 for 33 BA or something. thats unfortunate because there are a lot of great catchers in our league. Sloan. Whitehead. Ryckman. all i do is ask questions and they never get answered because you come with these little jokes and you are always defendeding yourself. everyone knows that you are going D1. congratulations. i just dont know how you got into the all star game thats all aND im being serious and not talking shit. everyone that know know was asking the same question. you didnt have the stats that the other catchers had. maybe its because your going D1. ya you had a good all star game i heard. so if you want to drop all the hostillaty and be serious and answer that question. i have nothing against you so stop thinkin i do.

Buck posted like 2 things on this board. everyone knows he had a bad season, hed be the first to tell you. he doesnt clown on anyone so dont think he talks mess.

ADVERTISEMENT