ADVERTISEMENT

B Rankings

Probably will not be there are not many people willing ot do them. TC-1, Granby NW, myself could probably do the east side. are there anyone that has any west side information. We have seen every team except Liberty Bell on this side of the state.

Try these "Top 4 or 5" (no particular order) in each weight for the EAST:
103 - Woodruff (Oro), Kelly (Oro), Stanifer (Lib), Lucht (Rear)
112 - Rollins(Rep), O'Shaughnesey(Kit), Larson(Rep), Knecht(Lib), Kee (Oro)
119 - Gubler (Rep), Lanigloss (Kit), Lundgren (Rear), Thompson (Oro)
125 - Woodruff (Oro), Stephens (WCK), Palmier (Rep), Goodsen (Rear)
130 - Kostelnik (Oro), Olson (Rep), Thompson (LB), Johnson (WCK)
135 - Holden (Kit), Tennant(Pom), Whipple (Dav), Eldred(Rear), Johnson (LB)
140 - Knebel (Pom), Mumby (Lib), Patrick (Rep), Taylor (WCK)
145 - Theis (Lib), Lembcke (WCK), Padilla (Kit), O'Damhin (LB)
152 - Treat (Kit), Slaybaugh (Pom), Eggleston (Rear), Davis (Waterville)
160 - Stevie (LB), Slaybaugh (Pom), Mills (Rep), Cartwright (Kit)
171 - Reno (Kit), Reeves (LB), Hutzman (Pom),Mieirs (Oro),
189 - Jones (Kit), Heath (Dav), Jenkins (Pom), Thompson (Rear)
215 - Beckstrom (Rear), Christman (Dav), Burketta (Kit), Roseland (LB)
285 - Toney (Rear), Dehn (Dav), Herrera (Oro), Nelson (Lib)

Biggest problem is coaches not posting their results on the Spokesman Site!

Teams: No Particular Order
Kittitas, Reardan, Republic, Oroville, Liberty Bell, Pomeroy

Open to debate and discussion for sure. Just trying to get some BB, B respect and dialogue.
This post was edited on 1/21 4:27 PM by GranbyNWif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Try these "Top 4 or 5" in each weight for the EAST:

103 - Woodruff (Oro), Stanifer (Lib), Kelly (Oro), Lucht (Rear)
112 - Rollins(Rep), O'Shaughnesey(Kit), Larson(Rep), Knecht(Lib), Kee (Oro)
119 - Gubler (Rep), Lanigloss (Kit), Lundgren (Rear), Thompson (Oro)
125 - Woodruff (Oro), Stephens (WCK), Palmier (Rep), Goodsen (Rear)
130 - Kostelnik (Oro), Olson (Rep), Thompson (LB), Johnson (WCK)

135 - Holden (Kit), Eldred(Rear), Tennant(Pom), Whipple (Dav), Johnson (LB)140 - Knebel (Pom), Mumby (Lib), Patrick (Rep), Taylor (WCK, Baugher (Kit)145 - Theis (Lib), Lembcke (WCK), Lang (Kit), O'Damhin (LB)
152 - Treat (Kit), Slaybaugh (Pom), Eggleston (Rear), Davis (Waterville)160 - Stevie (LB), Mills (Rep), Slaybaugh (Pom), Cartwright (Kit)
171 - Reno (Kit), Reeves (LB), Hutzman (Pom),Mieirs (Oro),
189 - Jones (Kit), Heath (Dav), Jenkins (Pom), Thompson (Rear)
215 - Christman (Dav), Burketta (Kit), Roseland (LB)Beckstrom (Rear),
285 - Toney (Rear), Dehn (Dav), Herrera (Oro), Nelson (Lib)

Teams: Kittitas, Republic, Reardan, Oroville, Liberty Bell, Pomeroy, CConcrete, Raymond
This post was edited on 1/23 8:43 AM by pumacat35if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 1/23 8:44 AM by pumacat35if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I do not mean to offend anyone by this post as I know many of you still wish to be part of a 1A/B mix. The B's are looking very thin. Don't get me wrong there are some exceptional wrestlers in this group; i.e. Thies, Gubler, Stevie, and more. I expected a lack in depth but not to this extent. I do, however, realize that this is eastside only. But then again, the east side small schools are most often dominant when it comes to the sport of wrestling.

True fact that will happen when you go from 50+ schools to 25 schools. I think over the year this will however begin to help B wrestling grow in the state and if some administrators can get passed the basketball fscination they will begging to build wrestling teams.
Remeber 50+ years ago when wrestling started in the state of Washington it was done in Pullman in a boxing ring and now llok at it. We are the only state in the nation that has all classifications in one building (MAT CLASSIC) for the championships.

As far as A/B or B/2B (2B football does not play 1A teams) No other wrestler have to wrestle kids from bigger schools why should we?
Before you all pop off about how our team is soft we go to Tri-State and the Clearwater Classic for our better kids to wrestle those tough kids.

As I said before, I did not intend to offend anyone. I believe you are from Liberty, and if you refer to my post I was only pointing out facts. Your wrestlers have proven themselves on countless occasions, as I stated before with Adam. I am only pointing this out because I know some wrestlers feel that a state title is not as rewarding when you do not wrestle against difficult competition. Liberty continues to make its best efforts to wrestle the best competition year in and year out so take nothing away from them.

I am also hoping that we can throw Jordan Hancock in at 140. What is his status at the moment?

GLOP I am not offended I would definately agree that B wrestling will be down for a few years but HOPE that it will get bigger and stronger in the next few years. Unfortunately I will not be at the B ranks after this year (back in the Tri-Cities) but I will have a few more years of heading to the DOME and watching these kids.

I was told by a coach from the Dream Duals that Jordan was wrestling but seemed to be in a fair amount of pain. I think you have to throw him in the mix becasue he is the defendin state champion but that type of an injury will be tough to over come.

The only thing I will say to those that feel its not a state championship becasue its only B, that is ridiculous! A state title is a state title no matter what level you win it at no one can ever take that away from you.
This post was edited on 1/21 10:37 PM by pumacat35if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

here-here, well said!! yes, it will take a while for the B's to be recognized as being as competitively tough as the other larger schools. But even though WIAA will only recognize a full team as having 8 or more teamates. The B's have estimated around 40 wrestling schools out of the combined number of 120. Surely the number of schools with wrestling programs will go up. This year as well as next ony 4 kids will be allowed to stand on the podium. So, the competition will be very tough. And those who do get a medal shouldn't be treated with any less respect because they are from a smaller school. Wrather Football, Baseball or Basketball, Noone thinks as those sports being week in the B's. So, why should they be in Wrestling?

then put the west side guess down so we can see who they are. these are only the east side rankings

True Fact we have asked someone from the west side to post but they are being quiet over there, I guess we will have to wait and see at the dome

guess so, wounder why they are being so quiet they shouldnt get mad then if they arent being ranked. if they want to be ranked they need to speak up so then we can see

(119) michael einman of south bend, 28-0, 2nd at 119 last year
what would you rank me there this year.

Well I would have to say 1 or 2 but unfortunately I dont believe we have any other information for example who did you beat, what tournaments did you win things like that because the west side B's have been so quiet. If we can get some information with regional results we can try and get some state predictions for the next week.
This post was edited on 2/5 2:13 PM by pumacat35if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

if ur thinking that Einman is goin to win it hands down then u havent been thinking of the eastside. JJ gubler has been pretty tough this year and he will give Einman a run for his money.

I'd say JJ will take him if he's healthy, he did very well at the royal rumble against Barajas, and johnson

Well we should see this weekend who the REAL DEAL is, they(Gubler and Einman are in the same region.

yes, but republic's coach is very sharp he'll let them wrestle under there capability to get film on the opponent,the set game plan for state. like shertenlieb last year with port. Myself I think JJ will take him and I've seen both wrestle.

It says at WIAA.COM that Northwest 1b/2b are in the same region as Pacific, Central, Nisqually and Seatac. I believe that Republic is in the Northwest subregion.

we'll just have to wait a week, any one see hancock wrestle in oroville and how did he look, looks like republic has had a tough year, olson out hancock hurt, mills injured earlier

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT