ADVERTISEMENT

Bellingham v. Lynnwood

http://read.nwsource.com/highschool/basketball/boys/teams/totals.cfm?TeamID=270
Try the link, if it works, or go to the Seattle Times for the most on stats and rosters.

This probably won't give you what you want, but other than their last game agaist Sehome, that's about the only link to someone local. They finished 3rd in the Wesco 4A South. I don't think their top teams are anything special. And my first hunch was that Lynnwood couldn't beat 2 nwl teams in a row. If I stick by that, Bellingham should win tonight. However, it sounds like they had a nice defensive scheme for Baxter, maybe they will come up with something for Henefin. Local crowd should help b'ham. I think I earlier picked Lynnwood, but I think I have just convinced myself to go with the Raiders tonight.

This post was edited on 2/18 11:10 AM by cougarhouseif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 2/18 11:12 AM by cougarhouseif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

as much as I dont know about Lynnwood i am still gonna go with them, dont know why.

Lynnwood: 57
Bellingham: 52

Lynden-Burlington...WOW!

Props to the Tigers for their steady improvement over the year. Going to be tough to keep them out of the 3 spot. And for the Lions, how far they've come in a year.

I heard the action on the radio, but will look forward to reading posts from those in attendance.

Re: Lynden-Burlington...WOW!

Just returned from the game and it was everything the radio made it out to be. Bomber just went off in the last two minutes. Burlington played a very good game

Lynd - Burl & Lynn - Bell....... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynden, oh my goodness. Talk about coming through in the clutch. The first half, Burlington couldn't miss a shot! 2nd half down by doubles, Bolt broke the lead and momentum down by creating 3 steals w/ pts off t/o's. Dallas stuck it to the big shooters, VanBeek NAILED 2 HUGE free throws to put Lynden up by 3. Bomber, the zone was found by Brady this evening. He came through with the clutch shots in the end. Burlington kept it very close after losing the lead, making some great shots. Great job by both teams.

Lynnwood kept a good lead most of the game. Having a high flying circus act by the Rudd brothers. Wow, they can jump and make something out of nothing. Bellingham got within 1 with about 1/2 a minute left, but Lynnwood was solid on free throws. Bellingham came through with the clutch shots, only problem was that Lynnwood just barely kept ahead of them.

2 INCREDIBLE GAMES TO WATCH!!!!! Can't wait for the Lynden-Lynnwood match-up. Both games I believe ended with a 3 point win.

Oh, Squali and Sehome both won easily.

Re: Lynd - Burl & Lynn - Bell....... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck at State Lynden, you played well and I look forward to watching your game with Lynnwood. There will be some great consolation bracket games this coming week at Storm central.

Game recap for anyone that wasnt there:

Lynden jumped out early...i think 8-2 in a slow first quarter but Burlington soon when on a huge run. They controlled the ball and could not miss from anywhere, hitting 5 or 6 three-pointers in the first half. Burlington went into half time up 36-27 (i think).

Lynden (i thot) would come out pumped up and take the game over, didnt happend. Burlington got up 41-29 at one point, with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Here is where Bolt had three straight steals to lead the Lions back into the game. Lynden when on a 13-0 run (to go up 42-43) and had an altogether run of 23-4 run (including one of the most amazing 3-point shots by Bomber) to make it 52-45. But Burlington couldnt resist and took 10 straight points from the Lions, going up 3. Brady Bomber just went off the hook at this point, hitting some bizarre shots and Lynden got back within a point and they traded baskets. Bomber drove the lane with less the :40 on the clock and got fouled, two shots, which he sank both. Burlington goes down the floor to miss and get an over-the-back call to send VanBeek to line to make both (score is now 65-62) with :09.8. Burlington couldnt capatalize on two three-point attempts (not sure if the second one would have counted).

Simply an amazing comeback and a well fought game by both teams, Good Luck Lions!!

The District championship game next Saturday will be one of the loudest games. Both cheering sections are going to be going nuts and the players will be playing for a district championship and a better seed at State.

Before the season started, people on this very board questioned Lynden's ability to remember how to win. I pointed out the 5 State Championship banners hanging in the rafters at the north end of the "Jake". They said banners don't mean anything. WELL....they do...IT'S CALLED TRADITION....something that Lynden had established a long, long, time ago.....these kids are truely versed in that tradition and believed they would get to the top again. Congrats Lynden......You were my pre-season pick to get back to the State Tourney........NOW GO PUT 4 DAYS IN A ROW together at the "WOODSHED" and bring back some hardware. You are a group of deserving young men, escpecially after the 3yrs of taking your lumps!!!

Coach Roper............I like what you have done in the concepts of being a TEAM, DISCIPLINE, and the area of showing RESPECT to the Officials and the opposing players. You get my vote for NWL Coach of the Year!!!!

GOOD CALL. I believed Lynden would get first also, I didnt see them losing only 1 game, it is kind of surreal. I hope they go as far as their ability will let them.

Brady Bomber won the game at the end, the three in the corner to tie was unbelievable, what a stud.

ADVERTISEMENT