ADVERTISEMENT

Best games or Rivalries to go to

200mphtape

Oct 13, 2003
Just wondering what games people think are the best to go see. Whether it is two good teams playing or a heated rivalry. What you think are the best in your area. I think this would be interesting for people to know that are not from the area. I was in Yakima two years ago when Davis and Eisnehower were playing, arguably not the two best teams around. With a packed staduim and two loud student bodies it made for an exciting game.

Let's try to keep this fun and not trash other teams or areas. Thank You.

8-man rivalries: LW -vs- Touchet & SH -vs- Hunters are usually good games to see. No love lost in any of those games!

How about the River Bowl between Quinault and Taholah? Both teams are almost always in the playoffs and the games are always hard hitting with lots of action.

While we're talking westside - I think the Olympic Peninsula might have something to say about Clallam Bay-Neah Bay.

Yeah also Lake Quinault vs. Clallam Bay is another big rivarly. There's always plenty of trash talking. Plus the last couple years these games have pretty much decided the league title.

when i was at taholah 97-99
taholah v. clallam were some of the most intense games i have been around 4A-1A.
1)97-98 two consecutive years playing in the dome to go to the state championship.
2)3-way playoof at Port Angeles
3) Halloween night in taholah (1st game ever under the lights in taholah)
4) 97 at Clallam, 8 on 8 brawl during the game.
5) walking past he clallam locker room in the T Dome after taholah victory hearing clallam boys talking about shooting tahloah players
6) taholah players lose it at the end of the 4th after loss to clallam in T Dome 98.
gotta love the redneck country boys versus the hard nosed indians from the rez.

i agree ,tahola an clallam is the big one this year.ive heard that tahola is going to take it to clallam.neah bay wont have much other then tim greene who is a great athlete.but thats about it.lake quinualt wont play clallam this year for some reason.but i think the game of the year for clallam is the first one clallam vs.columbia-hunters.tahola might have 1or2 good players on the west side but will be lucky if they dont get 45 by clallam.last year clallam beat tahola by 40 both gamrs they played and thats after some tahola ceep-shots.

I agree, a real cheap shot by a taholah freshman linebacker, who I won't name at this time. Taholah will have a new football coach as Lindblad has resigned and is leaving for another job out of state. Personally I see the program going down hill. They have three quality players returning in Ralston, Kautz and Pittack. But after that its slim pickens. This years freshman was decent looking class, it has turned out to be worthless, Ron Mowitch is the only one you can count on. Also you have only 2 or 3 of this years 8th graders, at the most ,that will contribute next year. I look for the chitwhins to be .500 or below club next year. I see them getting 45'd by more than one team, the clallam game will most likely be over at halftime.

SH? Do you mean Mary Walker High in Springdale? I thought they were B11. Hunters v. Inchelium also has some feelings hurt from time to time.

New, but has the makings to be great!

Tri City Prep and Liberty Christian are two 8-man programs that are no more than 10 miles apart. They both compete for the Tri City (Richland, Pasco, Kennewick) fan base, and both draw student-athletes from the Columbia Basin are of the Tri Cities.

Granted neither program has tasted much success yet, however, I could see that changing in a couple years. This has the makings of an outstanding rival!

Re: New, but has the makings to be great!

You're right, this one has a lot of potential but it will have to be in other sports. Liberty is moving on to 11-man in 05. Perhaps Prep will too someday (with all the Catholics in a market the size of the Tri-Cities they should be a 1A or 2A school - not sure why they're not flocking there like they do to LaSalle and DeSales in much smaller Yakima and Walla Walla markets) and this one can build at 11-man level?

ADVERTISEMENT