ADVERTISEMENT

Best teams in District IV

Clearly, there is not a lot of discussion regaring girls basketball at this level which is a shame.

Now that I have seen Onalaska and Rainier, the two of them will be a great match. I think Iwaco is the top of District 4.

Who thinks otherwise!

Onalaska Game Photos vs Napavine

Ilwaco is well coached and are experienced. But really only have 2 players. When the chips are down someone else will have to step up. Rainier I think has better role players who can step it up.

I was a little surprised to see Castle Rock beat Ilwaco last week, but that group from CR is coming together. They will be around for several years to come.

I'm guessing when Rainier visits Onalaska on the 24th that should answer the question for the north! In the Trico...Ilwaco, CR and LC will battle for the top 3! This years district tournament should be a good one! Not much difference between the top 3 teams in both leagues!

Rainier 51 Onalaska 43
Late skirmish that came up short for Ony, but overall, this game and the Evergreen Leagues is Rainier's to lose. There is a lot of difference between Rainier, Ony and the rest of the pack in this league. Only Elma stands out there as a significant threat, but Ony thumped them 61-40 the first go around.

As for the Trico, it is a very different animal. Castle Rock's only two losses came to Toledo, a team that has been spanked by the rest fo the top teams. Castle Rock and LaCenter meet this week and I have to give the edge to the Wildcats. Ilwaco and Rainier looks like a great District Championship game though!

SWW 1A Trico

Ilwaco 8-1
Castle Rock 7-2
La Center 7-2
Toledo 5-4
Columbia 4-5
Ridgefield 3-6
Stevenson 1-8
Kalama 0-9

Evergreen
Rainier 10-0
Onalaska 8-2
Elma 6-3
Montesano 4-5
Hoquiam 4-5
Tenino 3-6
Forks 2-7
Rochester 0-9

Rainier 51 Onalaska 43 Images

Great performance by Onalaska last night to get by Tenino. Rainier and Ony in the District IV Final. The images of Onalaska and Tenino should be uploaded in the next day or two. With all of the tournament games, I am really behind.

IaCenter/Ilwaco and Tenino/Elma for the other two spots to regionals and state.

Tenino/Onalaska D4 1A Tournament Game Images

Elma 42 Tenino 36
With the flip Ilwaco is #3 and Travels to Glacier Peak. Elma will play at Chehalis.
Ilwaco girls will join the Ilwaco boys at GP.
Ilwaco's big time players stepped up in the fourth quarter last night.

Onalaska almost had the big comeback, but Rainier is tough! I have to admit that I am surprised that this was an Evergreen final. Tenino was a real spoiler.

I am currently working on the Rainier/Onalaska District Championship game images. They should all be up by about 10am Sunday morning.

Rainier/Onalaska District Championship Images

ADVERTISEMENT