ADVERTISEMENT

Big Washington vs. Oregon 8-Man Match-Up!

8 is enough

Dec 16, 2003
This Friday night September 9th, at 7:00pm @ Columbia Burbank High School

LaCrosse-Washtucna takes their 36 game win streak to Burbank (just outside the Tri-Cities) to match-up against Mohawk, Oregon.

Mohawk is ranked in the Top 3 in Oregon and went undefeated in their regular season last year before finally losing in the second round of the playoffs. they are 1-0 this season with a big win against also ranked South Wasco County last week in the Oregon Kick-Off Classic. Mohawk returns a good portion of their team from last season.

Nice to see these games scheduled and to know that LaCrosse-Washtucna is trying to challenge themselves with two non conference games against highly ranked Oregon schools in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the season.

Big game, I agree it is nice to see these type of games scheduled. Oregon is so close, especially to the teams on the east side of the state. Echo is by Hermiston, and you have Cove, Wallowa, Joseph, and Powder Valley all closer than the furthest league games. Should get more "Civil War" games going between the two.

Just checked the www.oregonlive.com 1A Football message board to see what they were saying over there about this game. Oregon people actually believe that 8-man football in Washington is down and that is why LW is dominant these last four years. They feel that overall they play a higher caliber of 8-man football.

I disagree completely as I have been to two of the last three ssemi-final and championship games in Oregon and they are the ones that are down right now. Last years champion Perrydale would have made the playoffs here but would have either lost in the first round or semi's. Our top four were better than they were and I also think that Sprague-Harrington was also.

Anyway, if you are interested go to www.oregonlive.com and go to the 1A Football Forum and entertain yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT