ADVERTISEMENT

Burlington-Edison?

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Can anyone give me some info on Burlington-Edison? I know their seed but how good are they really? How strong or weak is their league?

They are a very good team in a very strong league who was very hot during the District 1 tournament. They have one big hitter who swings from MH to OH and was virtually unstoppable at districts. She has a slow approach and good hops which gives her time to read the defense and a lightning quick release which lets her hit the holes she sees. She is about 80% of their offense - but when they can control the ball (and they passed pretty well) she is something to see. The only ways to stop her are to try to keep the ball away from her and hope she hits a cold streak. I can't say if they are always as good as they were when they beat Lynden but I would give them all the respect you can muster.
This post was edited on 11/19 10:33 PM by Grutzbo

Gtutzbo, recapped BE perfectly. Their best player is #3 and she is an outstanding athlete, really has nice hops. She attacks from anywhere. When they can effectively get the ball to her, she can be very very dangerous. I watched a 5 game match they had in districts vs Murphy. She was unstoppable in game1 but Murphy made some blocking adjustments and somewhat nuetralized her in games 2,3,4. In game 5 she came alive again and had some great kills for B/E and the victory.

Another aspect of B/E that I was impressed with was their team defense. They are very good at digging and their serve-recieve is pretty good, too. Their league is tough, 13 teams, a 3A, 2A and 1A combo. Not many nights off up there in the NWC.

Good luck to all of the teams!

ADVERTISEMENT