ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Game

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Final week of the season and the picks have almost been perfect. This last week should get people thinking after a great battle in the dome, can SW pull off another upset and redeem their only loss?

The final tally has NWCfballfan with 13 of 14 correct, Smallpox and myself with only 2 misses, and Eastside going for broke this last round and ending with 3 misses. The two new ones, warrent3 and Footballfan3 both knew something about SW that we missed and picked a perfect weekend.

Given this close battle coming down to the last game, we will add a tie breaker of total points scored this week. So tell us, who is going to win and why???

Wow, a repeat from an earlier game. Lynden won at Sedro. I believe Sedro was missing their starting QB in that game. And Lynden was coming off a loss to Ferndale, but got beack several key players just to have Peterson hurt and end his season. His fill in has been very good, though.

I see Lynden's experience helping, but Sedro looked good at times, although they can't turn the ball over like last week. If they do it will be a blowout. Of course Lynden can't turn it over either.

Lynden is playing much better than against Ferndale. Their defense is much improved. And the offense is looking better. I like Lynden in this one.

Final score Lynden 31 SW 21 - Total points 52.

Great to see 2 NWC teams in this one. Not surprised at all.

Tough to pick against Lynden in this game. I really thought Sedro-Woolley would beat the Lions at home this season, but it didn't happen. Lynden ate the Cubs up with their big tight end Hastings, not to mention they played inspired football on the road. Sedro has had the best defense in the State all season, while the Lions have proven they can score on anyone. Without turnovers this will be a close game. As dominating as Lynden has been over recent years, at some point they are going to get beat. Will this be the game???

Head: Lynden

Heart: Sedro-Woolley

Sedro-Woolley wins.

I am going with Warrent3 on this one. SW has a great defense that has kept most teams from scoring. Lynden has an offense that has turned defenses belly up. I can't go by records here as the Ferndale was not a comparable game and SW only loss was to Lynden by 3. There are 2 things I have learned in football, 1) Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships and 2) it is much harder to beat a team twice. With both these ideals going in SW favor.

Sedro-Woolley 35 - Lynden 28. Go cubs

Very tough to pick this. You have a great D against a great O. Normally you go with the defense, but I cant do that in this situation. There was one thing I took away from the first meeting of these teams, and that was Lynden outcoached Sedro. They found ways to get single coverage, and throw to their big play guys.

My money will be well spent to go see this one. A D-Coord that used to coach with the Lynden staff, a great D against a great O, and two teams from the same conference. It really does not get much better.

In the end, I say 35-21 with 7 of those against Lynden's backups late.

This post was edited on 12/5 5:52 PM by football_fever3

I have gone back and forth on this game trying to figure out where to go with my pick. Should be a great match up and and it wouldn't surprise me if Sedro wins it. With that being said I just can't pick against Lynden in a BIG game. The Lions have been in this situation so many times and always seem to find a way to win.

Lynden 38 Sedro 21

You nailed it Warrant. The defense of Sedro was really, really good! Congrats to the Cubs on their first championship!

This post was edited on 12/10 12:31 PM by Smallpox

Well, I could not have been any more wrong. Congrats to Sedro on their state title. Completely dominated the Lions in all aspects of the game. I was most impressed with the Cubs in the trenches. Big, strong, and fast.

Great game and Congrads Sedro-Wooley, no doubts who the champion is this year. Also thanks to all who participated in the picking of games. We really got some extra insight to the teams and even though NWCfballfan picked Lynden, we tied with 13 of 15 correct for post season play and the tiebreaker was in effect. Nice picks NWCfballfan..

ADVERTISEMENT