ADVERTISEMENT

Class B state brackets

Is it me or do we just not care about trying to do some competitive seeding? So the girls have Sprague meeting Toutle in an opener with La Salle in the same pod and then Inchelium and Mossy Rock meet in an opener with Shoreline in their same pod. And to top it off, all six of these teams are on the same side of the bracket. It's stupid and diminishes the point of even having a state tournament. Well, I guess the best team will win, so who cares what happens on the way to Saturday night. What a joke!! Good job Curlew, make something of this gift.

I have to agree. I don't know a whole lot about B girls hoops, but that lower half is stacked for sure! 4 teams trophy from each half so there will be some interesting teams getting hardware.

on the boys side there are some very intriguing first round matches. Toutle upset Valley to get the #1 seed from D4 and they were rewarded with Republic and the 9 AM game. St. John-Endicott turned there #1 seed into a meeting with defending state champ Sunnyside Christian. and how bout NWC and Willapa Valley meeting, a rematch of the semi's last year. I feel bad for Toutle's program, on the boys side their #1 seed gets them one of the favorites to win the title in Republic and on the Girls side #2 seed got them Undefeated Sprague-Harrington when SH should be playing a #3 or #4. Tough break for the ducks in Spokane this year.
This post was edited on 2/26 2:35 PM by shockas4lifeif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Don't scedule any charitable benefits for Toutle Lake. The guys just knocked off by far the best B team in the state. Did if very handily, I might add.

i agree, since when is valley the best B team in the state, they werent last year, they werent the year before but every year they get tabbed the best team in the state. they beat up on a very weak pacific league and the last 2 years have had very strong showings at state but never the best. now in Valley's defense i do think they are very good team, they will trophy, and i feel bad for them they drew such a tough 1st round game in #1 seed NWC when # 3 seeded Morton gets a #2 seed in Mt. Vernon Christian.

If any of you had been @ the drawing you would have a better idea how it is done. The teams are all drawn out of a cap, the Dist. #1's first & the rest afterwards, #1 through #8. The rules that have been in effect for over 60 yrs. have never allowed the placement based on AP ranking of teams,etc. Teams from the same district may meet after the first round. That in a nutshell is how it is done, tough but deal with it folks.

I'm dealing with it but just because it's been done this way for 60 years doesn't make it right.

In 4a of the basketball draw procedures (from 2005 state basketball program) it says districts with two or more allocations shall have their #2 team placed in opposite half brackets from their #1 team. How did TL get placed in the same half bracket as Mossyrock?

In 4a of the basketball draw procedures (from 2005 state basketball program) it says districts with two or more allocations shall have their #2 team placed in opposite half brackets from their #1 team. How did TL get placed in the same half bracket as Mossyrock?

The procedures for the basketball draw should be followed or thrown out. And a representative from District 4 should not have to be there to make sure they are followed.

Looks like they won't have to deal with it as the WIAA revised the brackets to correct imbalance as per draw criteria. Guess they had a reason to bitch.

No really, I think the process is just great...maybe they will revise it again tomorrow when they get their act together. I guess that's 60 years of tradition unhampered by progress. Good work WIAA. A five year old could have made a better bracket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT