ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to all the playoff teams

OldGrenadier

Sep 11, 2003
Now that we have all had a little time to decompress and reflect, I wanted to congratulate all of the teams that made the playoffs and represented their communities so well.

There were a couple of teams that especially stood out to me. Deer Park won their first ever (and second ever) playoff games. That is great for your community and alumni and I hope you can build on that into the future. Also, Meridian came up big early in the playoffs winning two games where they were clearly the under dogs. They knocked off 2015 state finalist King's in the crossover and then undefeated Cascade Christian in the opening round.

I am sure the Connell Eagles and their fans are still a little low after Saturday's result, but they had an excellent season and dominated the west side bracket to earn their spot in the Tacoma Dome. Connell and Royal were clearly the two best 1A teams in the state this season and it was very fitting that they were able to face off in the final game.

And of course, congratulations to the Royal Knights for exceeding expectations once again and earning back to back state titles.

Next season should be another exciting year. A lot of graduating seniors will leave plenty of spots for underclassmen to step up and lead their respective teams back to the playoffs. And there will be plenty of us there to appreciate it.

GoKnights1, I am coming for your title next year. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
Nice words OG. Royal was an impressive team to watch. Great season

This was Deer Parks first playoff run but I expect them to be back next few seasons. We have been working on building a program for a while and have good kids coming in every year.

See you guys next season

It was another great year of high school football, if only they could play in the spring season as well. It was nice to see a few new faces in the playoffs, La Salle, Naches , and Deer Park. Echoing Old Gren congrats to all the teams that made the playoffs regardless how far you advanced.

To the Knights, what a great season going back to back and getting to knock off your arch rival in the dome, doesn't get any sweeter than that.

Old Gren as far as my title, this whole back to back thing is pretty fun I think I'll do it too.

ADVERTISEMENT