ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC Suprise

kingofqueens

Sep 20, 2006
Didn't expect to look in the paper today and see that Grandview went 5 with Ephrata and Selah went 5 with East Valley. Any word on those? H1N1 hit? Ephrata and East Valley playing awesome? Looks to me like East Valley might make a big push this year. They went five with Selah and Grandview.

I think it's a different CWAC then it has been in a long time. Overall the typical stand outs aren't as strong as they've been in the past and there are many teams on even playing fields. East Valley is plain tough this year! But then again look at the whole conference, East Valley, Ellensburg and Grandview all won their pools at the sundome tourney with Prosser Wapato and Toppenish and Othello also all finishing in the top 24! And we all know if Selah would have been there they would have won their pool too. It's going to be an interesting couple weeks and a tough district tourney!

East Valley has made some major changes to offense and personnel and it is making a big difference at this point in the season. Grandview is young and I think at times it is their youth that you see. Selah, well they lost their power player in Wilson but they return Smith in a very decorated program. I think the difference in the league is the absence of the true power players that have come through the league the last 5 years, Walker sisters, Poteet, Standish, Wilsons, etc. etc.

ADVERTISEMENT