ADVERTISEMENT

EBURG?

pnwcoach

Jan 13, 2007
Who has Ellensburg beat in the past few years that makes them feel like they are so good? Have they placed at state? Do they beat tough non-league opponents? Do they even play a tough non-league opponent? Where I come from success on the field is measured by trophy's in the case. I'm sure the kids have worked hard on improving themselves in softball, but until they bring home a trophy from outside of the CWAC......respect from around the state will be tough to get.

WIAA says 20 games and a jamboree. that is only 1 non league double header in the CWAC. Makes it tough to travel the northwest playing the best teams out there.

If there is a 2A team that you think can beat them THIS year I would be willing to place a wager.

This post was edited on 5/21 9:01 PM by summertimeblues

This is not a shouting match. Just facts. Betting on sports in the state of washington is illegal.
I have no doubt that the lady bulldogs are a tough and talented team. I would just like to see them prove it at the state level before people start crowning them champions. Reality is, the teams that have brought home trophies lately don't seem to be writing messages about "winning it all" or "making a run at the title". They seem to allow their actions do the talking.
I'm not going to really dive into the whole "scheduling thing", but Eburg is not the only team that can only play 20 games, and can only schedule 2 non-league games. Looking at the schedules for Selah and Othello, I'd say they found a way to schedule some of the toughest 2 non-league games they could find.
It should be a fun 2A state tourney this year. I "bet" there will be some surprises.

I am not sure I follow you. Are you talking about my comment in another thread about the Bulldogs making a run at the title? I am not from Ellensburg so it is not like I am bragging up "my" team. I simply stated as a fan of fastpitch that I think the have a good shot at the 2A title.

Ok, so i understand what you mean. You feel like you have no proof that Ellensburg is really that good. If you looked at stats you might see a little different story. Pitching right now is Ellensburg's main strength. The 2 pitchers for Eburg (Harris and MacNamee (not sure if that's spelled right)) have thrown 9 no hitters, 13 shutouts and seem to be rolling right now. I think that alone is enough to say that they could make a run at state...

- Just a Spectator with Experience

After watching them play at districts I still think they will be 2A champs. Yes it is 90% because of those 2 pitchers. Not to knock other girls on the team but pitching is a huge part of the game.

On another note....9 no hitters but look around the CWAC. There are some teams in the CWAC that lets say lack good hitters. Eburg gets into a match up with a team full of good hitters they will have thier hands full.

ADVERTISEMENT