ADVERTISEMENT

Ellensburg...

May 8, 2009
How did Ellensburg build such a strong program in such a small period of time... Before i left HS (2005) Ellensburg was no where near the powerhouse they have become in Fastpitch. They now seem to top the league most years, and at least seem to get a state appearance.

- Just a Spectator with Experience

I think it is due to the fact that the Babe Ruth program get the girls playing fastpitch early. The Lower Valley for instance a lot of the girls (most) don't play at all until they are in 7th grade or even high school. Girls get out playing early and get experience, taste some success and they stick with it. In the lower valley girls try it, play girls who are much better than quit to play other sports where they have a chance to be more successful.

Also the experience factor is huge as far as pitching. E-burg has stud pitching. The Lady Bulldogs are my pick for 2A state champs this year.

I would agree that Ellensburg has had some stud pitching as of late. I also have to agree with you on the fact that the softball program in Ellensburg has improved a lot since 2005. I'd be interested to see what the summer programs for Fastpitch are around Ellensburg though.

- Just a Spectator with Experience

I know that E-burg and the upper kittitas valley area have babe ruth for girls from like 10U til 14u. Even if only 5 or 6 girls from the summer programs continue to play in high school that is enough experience to trump a lot of programs in the league. Othello has the same program. Yakima area does not have babe ruth but do have the GYGSA. Look at the top 4 teams in the CWAC every year. E burg, Othello, Selah and EV.

ADVERTISEMENT