ADVERTISEMENT

FIELDS?

b-8 killer

Sep 30, 2003
o.k. how many b-8 schools play on astro-turf? how many b-8 schools play indoors? o.k. why cant anyone find a real nice field that has natural grass and lights outdoors to play the semi-final and championship game . it seems to me you play all season long one way than the last two games of the year you change everything.also this field could be somewhere in the middle so both teams have to travel instead of one or the other for not just for the championship game but for the semi-final games also.playing in the dome is not a big deal its the game that counts and why not under the lights,in a outdoor stadium,with natural grass on a friday night.change is good.

Friday night under the lights in December? Hmm? Well, if you played the game anywhere in Central to Eastern Washington it will be from 0 degrees to 30 degrees and a possible snow and or wind chill storm. If you play the game in the Seattle area or on the coast then it will be 40 some degrees and pooring rain. Either scenario is horrible for the fans, horrible for parents and relatives that show up to see this magical and historical event that they will remember forever. I have sat through some playoff games where my entire family had to go to the car and turn the heater on at halftime just to warm up enough to be able to make it through the rest of the game. And please don't give me that

its football,not a indoor sport.how many indoor stadiums are there in high school,or college and even pro's .seattle just built a outdoor stadium.give me a break.

You are missing the point. When I was in High School one of the big bonuses of making the playoffs was to play on a big turf stadium. We thought we were in heaven when we go there. Yes it is an adjustment, don't get me wrong, but adjustments are part of football all the time. Why would I want to make the playoffs and then play a game at the same old 8-man type field. Not much of a reward. As far as playing in the Tacoma Dome, if you are well prepared then you will do fine there. DeSales runs sprints in their hallways with the heat turned up to prepare for the 68-73 degree Tacoma Dome. They also practice some drills and plays in their carpet shoes in their gymnasium to prepare themselves.

Now if you are practicing outside in the snow, rain , cold wind, etc, then it will not prepare you very well for the Tacoma Dome. So it takes some common sense to prepare for these things. The teams that struggle just don't get prepared the right way.

ADVERTISEMENT