ADVERTISEMENT

GNL @ STATE!!!!!

sin_golfer

Nov 7, 2003
How do u think the GNL will be this year and who do u think will make it to state from this league???

I don't know about you guys, but i have a feeling Pullman has the strength and talent to send at least two of its golfers to state. Brian Pan and Myself, I feel, have the best chance. Me, Eric Sinha, got into a three-way playoff for the final position for the state tourney. I finshed last out of the three golfers, but I feel I have improved during the off season and may place high at districs this season. Plus, my sophomore year i made it to State. I know what the pressure is like there, and i feel i would do well. Brian Pan has improved since his freshman year. From the beginning of last season, Pan played excellent golf. He shot two rounds of 74 and his average at the end of the season was something like 76, give or take a few strokes.

But Pullman also has a sophomore by the name of Jeff Jones who had the lowest average for a freshman at Pullman High since Ryan Bidle. So I have a feeling that Pullman, this year, will be like last year's Chewelah team. The Hounds will win the GNL, and send two may be three golfers to state. Out of those golfers who make it from the GNL, I think Peck (from NewPort), Sinha (from Pullman), Weil (from Deer Park), Levi (from NewPort), and Haggin (from Chewelah) have the advantage in the state tourney. Who will win, i can't say. All of these golfers are excellent. And who knows, none of these kids may place at all because there are other kids in other leagues that are just as good if not better.

STATE WILL BE FUN TO WATCH!!!

GO HOUNDS, AND THE GNL!!!!
This post was edited on 2/19 5:24 PM

Ok for one Peck graduated, Hagen doesnt golf and another You guys both choked come districts. A sophomore by the name of Brandon Filion took third last year shooting 76-77,AS A SOPHOMORE, better look out for him.

You better cuz he might take your state spot AGAIN as a junior this time. Wouldnt want that to happen, i mean it is your senior, better step it up.

Sinha, that Haggen guy is the one that kicked your teams A$$ in basketball, BRENTON HARTING will be the one in golf. His long drives will be flying past your ball. Don't get to cocky about your team, there could be more playoffs for you. Focus on just makin it to districts first, then maybe you can finish for state but theres a lot of good golfers out there, but before you start sayin stuff, know who your talking about ESPECIALLY if hes one of the best golfers in the league.

Kris, what's up??? If you read my other posts you would know that you are just restating what i said. I know Brenton is, and should be, the best golfer in the GNL this season. What i meant was that Pullman, especially me, pan, and jones have a great chance to make it to state, THAT's ALL!!! And as for being cocky, nope,...we're just confident. If anyone was cocky, it was your team. For the past three years, you guys in Chewelah were the, what appeared to be, cocky team. May be you guys were confident, i dont know, but i can tell you this, .....You guys were hated in the GNL!!!! So come this year, all the teams know that Chewelah doesn't have the golfing power like they did last year and the years before. OH, everyone goes to Districts BUDDY!!!! Who makes it to the second day, is what you meant. Anyways, have fun this summer, and say hi to my family up there for me.

sinha- i can see that you are excited for this season and confident in how you will play. Which is a good thing...but...there is no need to get on here and talk yourself up. wouldn't it be more fun to suprise some people and create your hype on the course, and not by yourself w/the key board? no offense, but you are not making you or your teammates (pan and jones) for that matter look very good. don't get caught up in trying to make a name for yourself on here, let your game speak for itself. by the way- herda(sp?) was right i think. league is the first day, and you have to make the cut to districts (the 2nd day). good luck this season, and the rest of the GNL too.

hey i just wanted to get on here and tell berger to have a great season, and kick some serious ass. STATE BOUND BABY!!!! smoke your competion, ill be watchin from the courts.

Actually, not everyone makes it to districts! Everyone makes it to league. Districts is the field cut in half. We were cocky, cocky when we wanted, but we came out and golfed, we were confident. Especially at league. I'm not gonna say we were always cocky. When it came time for league and districts we were all very nervous, we knew we had a great team, one of the bests Chewelah has ever had but we still never proved ourselves at state. It was a complete different ballgame there and you know that. I agree with one of the other posts on here, don't talk it up on here, show it on the course. So Chewelah was hated, my fault, can't do anything about that now, but question for you, you think we were hated all because of our cockiness or was there some good reason to not like us because of some of the dominence we held in the league over for years??? Just a question, and by the way I'm down here with you in the big P-town now. WSU is where I am but I did see you at districts and I'm sure I'll see you friday at districts again. Later dude.

Hey, you will see me again. I'll be goin to WAZZU next year myself. To answer your question, there was a hatered because you guys were confident. BUT!!! You guys also acted like you were above everyone else. Just like the rich a$$ punks in Beverly Hills, or somethin like that. We all knew that you guys were good, NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT; but you didn't act like proper, mature golfers. Just wanted to let you guys know that. Personally, I thought you guys were fun to be around, I'm just standin up for my buddies here. That's all. No hard feelins or anythin. ANYWAYS, great job last season.

yeah, my bad. I agree with what everyone is sayin, but i just seemed to me that people on here don't give the GNL the credit we deserve. I wasn't trying to "talk myself up", i was just tryin to support my feeling that the GNL will be good this year because.....and then i explained why. THAT's all that i meant about my posts. Wasn't tryin to make my team look bad or anythin. But thanks for the advice. I'll take it to the course!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT