ADVERTISEMENT

gobbato breaks record

the lgp

Nov 23, 2005
just heard from someone at the game but mario gobbato unofficially had 57 carries for 486 yards and 6 tds or so not totally sure on carries and tds as my phone cut out so what thought was said. needless to say congrats is in order for the young man i hope he gets a shot at the next level

If that stands he will finish with 6118 yards for a career which puts him at number 4 for the states all time rushing list

Great job by Gobatto.

He leads second place rusher, Ralph Kinne from Shelton (3A) by 635yds now. Shelton plays Hale tomorrow night in the 3A playoffs. If Shelton wins then it could set Kinne up to break Gobbato's record.

It is reported that Eisenhower's Curtis unofficially set the single game record with 481 yards slightly earlier in the night vs. Davis (linked). That does not diminish a great career and night for Mario Gobbato and the Borderite O line with an unofficial 60 carries, and an unbelievable 26 1st downs. I recall a called holding penalty negated another 13 yarder. Based on maximum possible drive lengths based on starting field position minus net penalty yardage and the few yards by by teammates I'd unofficially calculate Gobbato finished the night around 475 yards, many of those coming after contact. Hopefully, we'll hear great things about him playing at the next level.

Ike's Curtis sets record - Yakima Herald

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT