ADVERTISEMENT

Grandview Greyhounds

clank'sback

Oct 5, 2001
Word has it that they are district champions with another sweep of the Selah Vikings. Details anyone?

i spent the day in the gym at selah and was impressed, by far, with grandview, yet again. selah was unimpressive in their win over east valley and equally unimpressive in their win against grandview (that doesn't mean that they are not a good team - just overrated, in my opinion, as the #1 team in the state when compared to the grandview girls team).

in talking with several grandview/selah fans during the course of the day before the big match-up, there was a general consensus that selah was going to have to be much better prepared mentally than they were against ev. needless to say, it didn't happen. flashes of brilliance, just not consistent. poteet looks great, grandview's supporting players did a fantastic job, lafever has those girls prepared than scheidt does for the selah girls.

it will be exciting to see how state goes for all three qualifying teams - ellensburg has their work cut out for them in the consistency arena, too.

other comments?

Lots of State experience between current players in the CWAC. Hopefully they will all have a good showing. It's crunch time! GO HOUNDS! Go Bulldogs! And Go Viks! But especially...GO HOUNDS!

One big difference between programs was their emotional stability...Grandview never seemed to rattle even when Selah made runs or took the lead; Selah on the other hand played very emotional...their highs were great with their lows costing them the match. I dont really remember Selah's composure last year but it could speak to the difference in emotional maturity between the two coaching staffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT