ADVERTISEMENT

Great Book On HS FB, Great Father's Day Gift

licking_camps

Jun 25, 2006
Great Book On HS FB, Great Father's Day Gift
Order this book by June 7 and we will guarntee delevery by Father's Day

You can order on line. Go to: www.stlhsfb.com

“Everyone is talking about Dave Almany's new book.” Demetrius Johnson
Riding The Storm Out: “A Year of Inner City High School Football” by: Dave Almany

1200 copies sold in the first two weeks!

Follow the 2008 St. Louis, MO Roosevelt High School Roughriders football team through one tremulous year of Friday Night Lights- Ghetto style. This book is full of unforgettable characters: Coaches who tilt at one bureaucratic windmill after another, a Principal who takes back the school hallways from neighborhood gang members and young Athletes who never stop dreaming of life beyond the grim reality of their home turf. The reader will be inspired one minute, outraged the next; all the while traversing a path on a journey led by visionary adults, followed by courageous athletes; all fighting for daily survival in a school system some call the most deficient in the nation.

“Dave tells it like it is. This book is destined to be a best seller and should be read by educators nation wide.”Terry Houston, 2008 St. Louis Metro Area Principal of the Year

To read excerpts, view pictures and order your own copy, go to: www.stlhsfb.com

“Folks, you got to buy this book, it is off the charts. Dave hits it hard. Everybody in St. Louis is talking about this book. Lots of White folks will say something or write something about the Black community, and then when they come on my radio show, don't have the guts to back it up. I admire Dave in that he stands by what he says. He knows I will go after him on things I don't agree with, but he don't back down and I respect that.” Demetrius Johnson, 9 Year NFL Veteran, Radio Talk Show Host and Community Activist

More Advanced Acclaim:
“A very interesting story from an unlikely source, a must read.” Warren Hayes, Sports Editor

“A well written book by an educator who cares.” Dave Williams, Hall of Fame Football Coach

“Awesome book.” Kevin Kraus, Sportswriter

Follow the 2008 St. Louis, MO Roosevelt High School Roughriders football team through one tremulous year of Friday Night Lights- Ghetto style. This book is full of unforgettable characters: Coaches who tilt at one bureaucratic windmill after another, a Principal who takes back the school hallways from neighborhood gang members and young Athletes who never stop dreaming of life beyond the grim reality of their home turf. The reader will be inspired one minute, outraged the next; all the while traversing a path on a journey led by visionary adults, followed by courageous athletes; all fighting for daily survival in a school system some call the most deficient in the nation.

“For anyone with a soft spot for the underdog, the Roosevelt Roughriders were a story begging to be told.”

Published by the Covington Group, Kansas City, MO, 2010, all rights reserved

ADVERTISEMENT