ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Gary Kautz

#1COWBOYS#1

Feb 20, 2005
I used to go to Crescent and I was in 2nd grade the year you guys won state.I was wonderin how some of the guys were lookin.I know Adam is a stud. What about Keith and Nate?I read about them in the paper so are they doin good?I know its only their 2nd year.Also are you helpin out this year.Thanks

Hi,
And who might you be? You would be in the 11th grade this year?
Adam is a real stud and the main cog on our team, weighs in at about 265 and is a Senior. Keith and Nate are two good players. Keith is wide receiver and also does duty as a RB. Nate is our QB, small but is developing into a fine player. I retired back in 98 but am helping out with the team this year. We have 30 players out and about 16 in our little league program for 10-11- and 12 years old. Where are you going to school now?
Coach Kautz

My name is Nate Peters. I now go to Chimacum and Im in 11th grade.I left Crescent in 8th grade so I went there for a while.Im glad to see the program is doing well and rebuilding.Also I was wondering if you knew what ever happend to Jokoba and Gartth and all those guys and did they ever play football anywhere.I heard some rumors about Jokoba playin somewhere.Do you play N. Mason J.V tommorow if so tell the guys good luck.Thanks

Hi Nate,
I think I remember you from your days at Crescent. So you are now a Cowboy. Wow, time has a way of going by. Jacoba played football for 2 years at Walla Walla Community College, then went semi-pro and played for a few years with a team out of the Auburn, Tacoma area called the Puget Sound Jets. They played for the national title against some team from New Jersey and won. Jacoba was the MVP for the game. His picture was in the Tacoma News Tribune with his trophy. I believe he is now a Custodian for the PA School District.
Garth graduated from Western and is a Police officer with Las Vegas Metro. He Married Sally his high school sweet heart, they are expecting a baby any day now.
Do you play for the Cowboys? They are doing much better this year. The Loggers are young but they are an eager bunch and learning the game of football. We have a kid on the team from Mongolia, he is a stud! Never played football and is he ever smart. That kid is awesome. His name is Inka. If we had him for 4 years he would be on a full ride to some college. You take care.
We do not play N. Mason. We play Clallam Bay,Lummi,South Kitsap JV and then end the season with Lopez.
Coach Kautz
This post was edited on 10/11 7:48 PM by Gary Kautzif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I didnt play this year so I could focus on basketball.I sure do miss it though.I plan on playing next year.I do go to all the games and I am one of their biggest fans.I remember back in my younger years watching you guys destroy the other teams by 45 or more every time.I always wished the day would come when I could play for you and try to when a state title.Unfortunatley that won't be able to happen.I am glad to here of Jocabas success.Now that you metioned it I do remember him telling me about his time on the Jets on one of my return visits to Joyce. DO you have any more home games I would love to come out and watch one.Take care and good luck coach.
Nate

Nate,
We have two home games remaining. Lummi on the 22nd and South Kitsap on the 29th. Both start at 1 pm. Study hard and get after that basketball.
Coach K

GARY!!!!!!!!! Coach Alex

Wow, great to hear from you.....Coach Worsham, ex-Neah Bay Principal/Pateros/etc. has moved to Quincy...wife teaching in our district, I will be adding him to my staff ASAP.....HOW ARE YOU MY GOOD FRIEND?????? Awesome to find a place to hook up with you.....my email is: alexfg1@msn.com.....looking forward to hearing from "the greatest 8-man Coach ever".......Coach Alex, Quincy Jacks.....I actually coached the Wenatchee Bucks/Rams for a couple of years and we played against Jacoba....My son was our FS...and secondary coach....

Re: GARY!!!!!!!!! Coach Alex

Great to hear from you Coach Alex. How are those Jack's doing? You are a great motivator and a great Coach. I retired after the 97' season and our only State Championship at Crescent. We had 16 Seniors on that team and all were great athletes, fine young men and super smart. Everyone of these kids went on the college but only two played football.
We have a semi-pro team based in Sequim and this will be their initial season. I will more than likely get involved with that next year but for the mean time I am helping out with the Crescent 8-man team. We are young, taking our lumps but the kids keep coming back and want to learn.
Tell Joe hello for me. Never did get to hook up with him while he was at Neah Bay.
Lummi is the best team over here on the west side. They should give L-W a good game if and when they meet. I see that Bridgeport is struggling after you left and Quincy's program is one of the best under your guidance.
Email me at garyk@olypen.com
Coach Kautz

Coach Alex,

Coach Hofer here up in Bellingham. I am not sure if this is the same coach I had at Bridgeport but if it is give me a shout. I am still coaching at Lummi H.S. It would be great to hear from you.

Hof

Yes, It's me!!!! Marty.................How are you?

I answered your email....give me a return.....love always, Coach Alex.

Coach Alex:
I sent you a few emails and they were all sent back to me. I was wanting to hear from Mr. Worsham. Actually, some of our football staff wanted to talk to him, but he had left sooner than anticipated. Can you give him my email address? ntyler_410@yahoo.com.
Thank you,
Nate

ADVERTISEMENT