ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, the WIAA finally fixed the tourney!

col-pul

Nov 27, 2003
From the late September WIAA meeting:

and I quote:
"3. Draws will be held on Sunday, February 26, to determine the pairings for the eight-entry Hardwood Classic to be held March 1-3, 2012. The draw criteria will be finalized by November 1.

- This addition to the tournament demonstrates the WIAA Executive Board’s promise to evaluate the total tournament experience of the WIAA state basketball tournaments.

- Eight #1 teams better lends itself to a draw than with the 2011 format.

- A draw will add a new level of excitement for the state tournament for the participants, coaches, media, and fans.

- Coaches, administrators, players, and media will have the chance to meet on the Sunday prior to the state tournament.

- Tournament managers will be able to cover specific site information and distribute parking and entrance passes.

- Webcasting of the draw is being explored.

- Because there will be twelve total draws, two classification draws will be conducted simultaneously. Therefore, the draws will not be conducted at the WIAA office. Other sites are being considered."

Quoted because you just can't make this stuff up.

Everyone happy now? We've got a maybe webcast draw at maybe a few different locations with eight #1 seeds; OK. The WIAA has you back.

I got to repeat this because this is WAY better than anything I could have come up with:

"This addition to the tournament demonstrates the WIAA Executive Board’s promise to evaluate the total tournament experience of the WIAA state basketball tournaments." ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT