ADVERTISEMENT

Hockinson?

Duece_2

Mar 28, 2006
How does hockinson look going into state? I know that they have some good players coming from there.

They're looking very strong, I believe they got their whole squad or almost their whole squad into state. Defending state champ Gaston De La Torre, a junior now, will be up there at the top showing everyone he means business. As well as the Chambers brothers, a sophomore and a junior. Sophomore Spencer Turner..

But also, look out for Cal-bound senior Ian Dahl of Mark Morris.

Last year he was a great golfer, but did not play well in the tournament.

He has become a LOT more consistent and if he plays like he has all season, he will be VERY competitive with the Hockinson stars.

Should be a fun state tournament.

I am going to tell you the order Hockinson Players and Dahl will come in.
1 - Gerrit Chambers, after being inspired by Lefty at the Players Championship (amazing!)

2 - Gaston Delallaaa Torrrraaaeeee (spelling?) doesnt matter anyways he will get second. a slight setback from last year, he will play mental games with himself and struggle on the back 9.

3 - Ian Dahl I guess that is where you belong if you are going to Cal. Predictions are he is first but after the letdown in baseball his distress will boil over on his drives creating tough shots from the ruff. Just hit the fairway and he should land at 3rd place.

4 - Ty Chambers, the older but not the better of the two chambers. His time has come but past already. Look for him to surprise though, he is the veteran of the Hockinson team but will be too busy looking at his brothers score above his.

5 - Greg Wagner, yes I said it. He will get 5th place. He gets the girls from Camas and likes the #5 so I put him here.

Notable mentions:

~Spencer Turner, no 4.0 student derserves to be in the top 5 sorry. If you do get in the top 5 you should be recognized nationally like on ESPN. How do you golf and still get a 4.0 GPA? AMAZING

~Anybody else wondering why I didnt put you on this, well you are not known and dont matter. I would have said you arnt up to par but I didnt want to make a corny pun, but I just did. ha ha ha. jk.

This is the prediction that will happen it will soon become fact just like my other strightforward post a year ago. O yeah you remember that one.

Let the critics come forward bring them on.

haha good one mike jones. ive played with all these kids when i was on the golf team. they are a great group of kids and can bring it when they play. i foresee very good things in the future for these young kids.

Indeed. And little Chambers is still catching up with Gaston.

Gaston's got one more year, then the Chambers brothers can duke it out. ;)

Great job, Hockinson.

Hockinson has to be one of the premiere program in the state. they have never lost a match in school history. Gaston has won two straight individual state champions. next again will be total domination, nobody will even contend with these guys. Gerrit Chambers will win state title and Hockinson will run away with the team title.

ADVERTISEMENT