ADVERTISEMENT

How about rankings...

Two questions...

Touchet at #7 and Jubilee at #8

Touchet, with the loss of Heid moving to Waterville how does this effect the rankings. It will be hard to replace his athleticism. I suspect this should effectively move them into the "teams to watch" catagory. But, Touchet is always formidable and Coach Dickey always seems to get it done. Tough call.

Jubilee, without knowing who they have, are they just getting a top ten ranking because of there finish last year? I would suspect they should be in the Teams to watch catagory as well... although Griffen is getting better, it was because of his 3 returners that they were competative. They are just an unknown until they suit up and play.

All the others are right on the money.

WHS

Re: Two questions...

I agree. In the SE-B8 it will be LaX-Wash then a huge dropoff. They very well may 45-point the entire league. Touchet took a major hit with Heide's departure. But maybe those two need to be listed since there are only 20 or so teams playing 8-man and eligible for playoffs and there are some truly awful squads out there.

Two answers...

...yes the rankings were done with Heid factored in. However, I'm not sure any team below them moves up over them with his transfer, I think it more narrows the gap than anything else.

Jubilee was done based on two things. One was last year, which is something I VERY seldom do. But with them, it is tough. They will have athletic kids, they will have talented kids, and if they buy into Griffin's system (which should be even easier after a state title game appearance), they could be #2 or #3 in SE B-8 again. And based on that, they end up looking at a #8. Incidentally, the Pac-NW8 site has Jubilee ranked #10. And since the guy that runs that is based in the Southeast B-8 area (just took over the job at TCP), and they do exclusively 8-man football, I've got to think there is something to saying Jubilee is a top 10 team. Fortunately, we'll know soon enough.

Pac-NW8 Preseason Rankings

Re: Two questions...

Mike, point well taken... Makes sense, especially when you take into the account the # of teams in 8-man football. I do think Griffin has come a long ways and does a fantastic job out there.

Thanks,

WHS

ADVERTISEMENT