ADVERTISEMENT

Ineligible Playoff Teams = Should They Be Ranked?

8 is enough

Dec 16, 2003
What do you think? Should teams that have an enrollment over 100 but choose to play down in the B-8 be able to be ranked in the State Polls?

Let us know you opinion by posting it on this thread.

I vote no. If you want ranked play in your classification or up, not down.
This post was edited on 8/4 1:40 PM by Badger9if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I would vote NO also, Entiat & Pateros used to play 8 man when they had the #'s to play 11 man.

I personally believe that they should not be ranked as well, but I wanted to see what others thought out there. The new classification system for 2006 will help clear some of this up, but I agree with all of you....playing down and accepting to be ineligible is giving up all rights to the playoffs and rankings, no question.

I also believe that players on teams that play down should not be eligible for all-league or all-state honors, it has happened in the past as I remiember.

Wiaa.com lists the following as of 4-28:There is a menu on the right side of the home page for this info.
Oakville
Liberty Christian
Gar-Pal
Quilcene
Chief Leschi
Wellpinit
I am not sure what happens if these schools have an enrollment drop when school opens in the fall.

Liberty Christian is actually playing a modified 11-man schedule this year... mostly JV teams, in anticipation of moving up in 06'.

WHS

ADVERTISEMENT