ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Development in Cascade Conference

Just Play Football

May 5, 2003
Archbishop Murphy wins a league meet over Lakewood and King's quite handily...wonder if that's a first.

Cedarcrest looks tough as always, but seems like the Wildcats might have a breakthrough year in store?

Didn't Lakewood trounce the wildcats two days later at the whidbey invite?
Guess those thursday meets don't realy matter.

I know some teams don't run a fast as they can during league meets. But come Saturday watch out. Lakewood is down at the Stanford meet in Cail. this weekend. They won it the last time they ran there. Good luck running today and enjoy your trip. As for league meets we will see who come out on top at the conference final meet. Atm does have 1 good runner that will run fast any time he runs.

Touched a Nerve eh Rod?

Nobody's saying Archbishop Murphy is going to beat Lakewood at Conference or Districts, but I guarantee you that the Thursday meet did a lot for the boys' confidence. Still it didn't matter as much as the Whidbey Invite where they trounced King's. Then again, that really doesn't matter either because King's competes at a 1A level.

Re: Touched a Nerve eh Rod?

Exactly, they need to set their sites on beating 2A schools in order to reach the podium in Pasco. King's is just the 1A side kick in this 2A league.

Re: Touched a Nerve eh Rod?

Not being a XC guy, I am not sure about this, but don't most coaches train their kids to peak at state? If a meet falls on a day where the kid is running a workout rather than all out would show slower times.

ADVERTISEMENT