ADVERTISEMENT

Lummi Blackhawk Loss?

chance44

Feb 10, 2006
I read in the Everett Herald that Lummi played Highland Christian (Tuesday?) and lost 34-20. Anybody see the game? Think Highland Christian is near Arlington.

Didn't see any write up anywhere else.

Quotes standings?

Guess I am just confused. Thought the reason you played 8 man was because you lacked the numbers to field an 11 man team. But you are probably right. But then again the names of the players in the Tuesday loss are the same as the varsity players. Finkbonner passing to Jefferson, sounds the same.

Also this was in the Everett Herald
"The win was Highland Christian's third straight and allowed the Knights (2-1 league, 3-2 overall) to move ahead of Lummi (1-1, 5-2) in the standings." Didn't know standings included beating JVs. Live and learn.

Interesting.....

Re: Quotes standings?

8 man is played because that is the classification you are in, not because you lack the numbers to play 11 man. Lummi is not in the same league as Highland Christian so I do not know why they refer to standings. Lummi is part of the Pacific Coast. I am not trying to argue with you, but not many coaches will schedule a varsity game on a Tuesday, especially after playing a varsity game Friday night- and having a game the Friday following the Tuesday game.

WIAA shows the game in the Blackhawks overall standings not league but doesn't even show the school "highland christian" in a league that I can see. Maybe they have their own. Can't trust the press. Anyway thanks for the info RDF.

League Overall Games
Team W L W L PF PA Behind
----------------------------------------------------------------
Clallam Bay 2 0 4 1 194 96 --
Lummi 2 0 4 1 272 139 --
Wishkah Valley 2 0 3 2 118 120 --
Oakville 1 1 1 4 78 182 1
Taholah 1 1 3 1 158 118 1
Neah Bay 0 2 1 4 70 196 2
Crescent 0 2 0 5 28 152 2
Lake Quinault 0 2 3 2 190 114 2

chance44:
I believe Highland Christian had switched their name from Master Touch Christian. If you had posted this on bsports.org people would have gone crazy! go to www.bsports.org if you are from the "B" ranks, it's an awesome site!!

They also play Lopez Island this Tuesday. Heard from a good source that they have 5 5th year Seniors eligible to play this year. Picked up a few from Ferndale. They will be a force in the playoffs.
CB (mostly Neah Bay) will give them a strong test but Lummie should win out. NB will give CB all they want in the rematch at NB.

ADVERTISEMENT