ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden bringing it.......

FInal: Lynden 49 Ferndale 14

This was a close game for the first quarter, but Lynden's line was too much for Ferndale's. Huge holes opened for Luke Christianson & Josh Kraught to run through. Then Lynden would change to quick passes and Ferndale couldn't cover them 1-on-1.

Two plays changed the outcome of the game. Opening score for Lynden was setup on high snap over Ferndale punter's head and Lynden scored a play later from the 2. The second play was the 37yd bomb with no time left before halftime.

Those two plays set Lynden up and then the second one took the air out of the Golden Eagle's sails. Lynden is for real and Ferndale isn't as bad as they were made to look tonight.

Lynden has to be the favorite going toward the playoffs, regardless of what the coaches or computer polls might say. This was the #3 team in 3A that got dismantled.

I know that I am biased to the Lions, but tonight, that is the best Lynden football team I have seen in a while. This is comparable to 06 and 09, if not better. The Lions can throw the ball, especially with Kraght, but the way they ran the ball in the 2nd half has got to be scary for the rest of the state. Ferndale, who was top 5 3a, had no answer in the trenches. Impressive win tonight, no question.

It took Lynden 2 plays on their second possession to get the ball into the endzone after a bad snap on 4th down forced the Ferndale punter to kick the ball out of bounds at the ten yard line. Ferndale answered with a nice drive of their own, but could not hang with Lynden. The place was packed. I walked a few blocks just to get to the high school.

Lynden certainly did bring it last night! Ferndale is a good team with a great running game, but with a lack of a passing game once they fall behind by a couple of scores that's hard for them to make up. That TD at the end of the first half pretty much took them out of it. I think last night was the first game that Lynden had all of their top 11 guys on the field at the same time with all of the injuries they have had. Jeremy Martin back from his hand injury had a huge game at ILB. If Lynden can stay healthy and continue to run the ball like they did last night they would have to be the favorites in 2A going into the playoffs.

While Lynden might be the favorite, and they are playing well.... teams like Capital, Tumwater, Othello, and Lakewood are really good. When it comes to playoffs, anything including crazy things can happen. Look at Lynden last year... they won 2 games that came down to crazy plays. The N. Thurston game with a fumble by N.T. as they were driving to in, and the ATM game.

I agree that anything can happen in the playoffs, and teams such as Tumwater and Capital among others could very well win the whole thing. I'm just sayin if Lynden can run the ball as effectively as they have the last couple of games in the playoffs I have a hard time seeing them losing. To think they out rushed Ferndale by almost 100 yards last night is pretty amazing. I was very impressed and it's just one man's opinion and believe me I've been wrong before (just look at the pickem thread).
smile.r191677.gif

Comparable to the 06 and 09 teams in that they have multiple guys with BIG play ability. This teams stars are absolute game changers. Any team would be lucky to have 1, blessed to have 2, but to have 3, 4, 5 guys that turn the tide at any given moment. Thats special. Christianson is one of the shiftiest players i've ever seen, Vis's ability to not only make a difficult catch and excel at yards after, but to also be a bone crunching safety is invaluable. Then you've got Kraght, who's dual threat capabilities make scheming against him nearly impossible...this team is stacked. They aren't invincible, Kings showed the state exactly that. They are just a high quality squad that's going to require teams to bring their A++ effort if they want a shot at taking them down. Bring on the playoffs baby

This post was edited on 10/20 11:25 PM by Lay_The_Wood_G&G

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT