ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden Football 2K12

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
If I count it up right, the Lions have 8 returning starters on offense, including two time conference MVP at QB, and a defense that has reloaded with two D1 type kids at DEnd, and one of the best secondaries in the state (Kraght, Vis, and Christianson). This is also the same program that has gone 49 - 3 since 2008.

I do not know any specifics, but I heard at the Eastern WA camp a few weeks ago the Lions went up against Woodenville (4a semifinalists last year) and Lewis and Clark (4a state camp a few years back), and dominated both of them. This was also done without their starting RB who was injured during camp.

Tumwater, ATM, Prosser, and now Capital are always good , but these guys look and feel ready to make a deep push again.

I'm assuming Caleb Neuman (spelling) and Matt Meyer are the two players you're referring to. Which D1 programs have offered your DE's?? You're not including Matt Meyer as a D1 defensive end? Last I heard Matt had been offered by Eastern (D-II) as an OL. 49-3 is a terrific record, there's no denying. Keep in mind, the first time they lose a couple of games the wolves will be out.

Do they still have "Friday Night Lights" over there? Did the Lions win it?

Lynden will be one of the favorites this season to win it all. Best of luck to an excellent group of players.
This post was edited on 7/5 9:36 AM by Warrant3

Army and WSU have offered Newman and so far Eastern has been Matts only offer. I know that he had a strong showing at the WSU camp and is being seriously considered by them also. Lyndens running back didn't get hurt at camp he left after the 2nd day for a baseball tourney in arizona. Not exactly sure what the result of friday night lights was, but i do know that they played without christianson, vis, meyer, kraght, and newman (the last 4 went to WSU and Christianson left for baseball).

Should be an interesting season. As far as the NWC is concerned I'm anxious to see how blaine and mount bakers switch to 1A will effect things. Capitol should be making a strong showing in its first year back in the 2A ranks also. Very excited

Eastern is a NCAA Division I program, not D-II.

They are what is called D-1 FCS. It used to be called Division 1-AA.

Central Washington is a NCAA Division II program.

WSU, UW, Boise etc are D-1 FBS.

Thanks for clearing that up about FCS versus FBS and D-II. I just looked through the WSU website (Cougfan) and could not find Caleb Newman listed as a "prospect" anywhere on the "football recruiting page." I'm not disputing him being offered, just found it a bit unusual. Did I miss him on there?

This post was edited on 7/5 7:59 PM by Warrant3

He might not be listed. All i know is he got the phone call prior to running the 400 meter at state track.

You bet Warrant.

I think sometimes guys from smaller schools aren't listed in the hopes that they will "fly under the radar" and get a quality player that other schools may not know much about.

I think you're spot on lwcougars. I've seen UW do it, although with all the blogs and team coverage, it's tough to pull off.

Dominated Woodinville and LC huh at camp, ha wow! Lynden is just a big fish in a Small Pond!

I agree with ff3 that Lynden will be the favorites in the NWC and should be the favorite to win the 2A chmpionship again. The offense is going to be one of the best in the state in any classification. Defensivly the only concern would be filling the nose tackle spot and tackle spot that the Koorthuis kid played last year. Lynden also lost both inside lb's but have a couple of kids to plug in in that spot that could be even better this season. Maybe the biggest void to fill will be at kicker, with all of the kickoffs that Lopez put in the endzone that was a big boost for the defense. But they still have to play the games and as we all know anything can happen.
wink.r191677.gif

Also Rivals does show Caleb Newman with an offer from WSU.

I hear that postma kid is doing swimmingly at D-line so thats one less spot to really worry about. Like you said i think the've got more than a couple kids they're considering for the linebacker spot. Kicker will be hard to replace. Fact of the matter is they won't get another one like santiago for a while. Oh well i guess.

The offense will definitely be solid i just hope they get some close games in before the post season. The team can only benefit from seeing adversity early on. I don't care if Sehome gives them a scare as long as they get pushed.

Dirk has an article on the front page detailing all the Washington recruits going to D-1 and D-1AA (the old term). It includes Caleb Newman with 2 offers. It has him at linebacker, though.

Knowing the returning talent and their schedule for 2012, I'm predicting right now a 2nd consecutive undefeated season for the Lynden squad.

They'll fill the holes they need to with young talent, and Kramme knows how to coach them up. As of last season I think Dak Shagren was pegged to "replace" Santiago (though he may be the most irreplaceable guy from last year's senior squad). He had some terrific punts last year - may not be able to touchback kickoffs as consistently, but I bet he nets a few.

These boys simply know how to win.

I would agree that the lions will be undefeated again in the NWC. I think come playoff time it would have been good for them to have been tested a time or two but I just can't see it happening with their schedule. Does anyone else think there is a game that they could possibly struggle in? @ B.E. maybe? Sedro and Ferndale are both at Lynden. @ Anacortes? strange things can happen there, but still doubtful. Does anyone know anything about Robert Bateman???

Don't get too far ahead of yourself! While Lynden will be the class of the NWC, come playoff time, teams like ATM and Capital will give Lynden some tough tests. Thinking that this season, Lynden may not have to play all their playoff games on the road, although that worked out just fine last season.

I am optimistic that B-E will be improved, but don't think they'll be at Lynden calibar this year. B-E has a fairly decent senior class this year and a strong junior and sophmore class. A lot of kids have experience since last years senior class was so small and lacking in overall talent. The biggest question marks are a new head coach with a new offensive philosophy & how long it will take the kids to learn the new system. It's going to take some getting use to their new blue helmets as well. On a state level I would really watch out for Capital always competed well at 3A level and from what I hear have a lot of kids returning.

Robert Bateman is another Canadian school - from what I can find on the internet they were a pretty average team from AA in BC last year, their second largest classification if I'm reading my info right (all their football websites are pretty terrible...). They had an early exit from the playoffs last year, but some HS football blogger ranked them #4 in the province for their classification this coming year. They seem like a lesser program than Centennial, who Lynden clownstomped the last couple years - I'm not anticipating much challenge from Bateman.

Also - no doubt that Prosser, Tumwater, Capital and ATM will be tough challenges - but I think Lynden is better and will win the state championship again. And as far as regular season goes - I think every team they face is miles away yet, and I'm pretty confident they'll net a 3rd straight undefeated regular season.

Undefeated regular season + state champs = undefeated season. My prediction and I'm stickin' to it.

ADVERTISEMENT