ADVERTISEMENT

Marsh Out at Archbishop

I've heard he didn't have any choice in the matter. He was leaving whether he agreed to it or not.

it's a real shame whether he was pushed out or not. kids don't deserve this--particularly the seniors. can't imagine anyone willing to touch the job now. they hire and fire a new president within weeks, they give ward the boot, and now this.

Unbelievable how overly emotional and borderline unhinged parent(s), especially at a private school, can force out a good coach like this.

ATM's handling of athletics and administration has become the punchline. Total. Jokeshow.

Sounds like you know a bit more than the average WA High School Football fan 87011. It is obvious that there are some serious problems at ATM, but what exactly that is, not sure we will ever really know.

The new AD at Murphy, Jerry Zander is a standup guy. From what he said, it was Marsh's decision, and it came as a surprise, at least to the AD. I think the hire, and the direction has been to put sports in a good place and address any problems with parent interference. It makes it all the harder that this happened, as it seemed to be on a good track off the field. It has been a long road since Terry Ennis' passing, and hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Last winter I was following ATM football closely. It's been a public nightmare, and at the same time an opperation of secrets. Ward out, Schmidt considered then out; a real circus. I mentioned that the only ones who really knew the truth were the only ones close enoughto the situation to understand it, and that they themselves would not comment on what was happening. I also mentioned that I hoped the new staff would restore respect to their program, which was much needed. And then we get this!

Again, we are left wondering. For the new staff, best of luck this season on regrouping the kids, and keeping the focus on football. It's incredible the kind of mayhem adults can cause for well intentioned kids, private school or otherwise. I don't often feel sympathy for kids who opt out of public school to pursue a private "football school," but I feel that way here. This situation reeks to high heaven, but I'm not sure what it smells like.

Now hearing the interim coach is on paid admin. leave. Too bad this is all happening during the middle of the season. From the Lynden perspective - they and ATM have had some incredible battles the last few years.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20120927/NEWS01/709289923

This post was edited on 9/27 8:33 PM by Smallpox

Does anyone know what's going on with the team? Adults can get on with their lives, but these kids have one shot high school ball. What a tragedy for the young men and a disgrace for the older ones. Sad state of affairs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT