3. LaCenter
4. Cle Elum
5. Riverview
6. Cashmere
7. Hoquiam
8. Mount Baker
9. Charles Wright
10.Montesano

Quincy is an obvious oversight since they are still in the tournament. Overall, looks reasonably accurate. Thoughts?

I see what you're saying. That's odd. I copied it from MaxPreps. Let me see what I can find. Ok, here it is

"MaxPreps used its rankings algorithm to predict which teams belong where in the Washington Division 1A Football playoff bracket."
This post was edited on 11/12 10:43 AM by Warrant3

Cracks me up that teams knocked out rank higher than teams still in it. Makes no sense, hence what do rankings really mean?

Just because you are a team left standing doesn't mean that they are better than a team that was beaten. Especially since on on both the East/West brackets there was one side that was heavily weighted with better teams. For example Hoquiam is higher than Quincy but I doubt there would be argument that quincy is better than Hoquiam. In the same manner Quincy got beat badly by Casmere earlier this season. Cashmere is out of the tournament while Quincy is still in. Who is the better team? Easily Cashmere.

Mmmm, I go with the theory anybody can beat anybody on any given day . . . Didn't Monte just beat Charles Wright, BTW?

"anybody can beat anybody on any given day".

1.) Maybe in the NFL but definitely not in high school football. There are definitely tiers that some teams are on that others will never be. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Mabton will never, ever, ever, never ever beat Royal. Just not going to happen. Lined up 100 times head-to-head Royal wins 102 times.

2.) What does that have to do with the Ranking System? If Team-A (Lets say ranked in the top ten) regularly beats Team-B (Not ranked) 99% of the time, and now that 1% happens and loses should Team B now be ranked higher? Heck no. Any given Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday and sometimes Thursday has no bearing in ranking Team-A compared to Team-B. Now back to the Tiers I was talking about. If two teams in the same tier or one slightly above the other face off and the lower ranked team wins than sure, they should probably be ranked higher now.
This post was edited on 11/12 4:15 PM by Linebacker_65

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT