ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy football coaching...

Not good stuff here....rumor mill has a couple of their top players, Tevaga and Masanda already enrolled at Meadowdale?!?

Huge mistake on Arch-Bishop's part. Some program will gobble up Coach Ward with a quickness. What other head coach cant hire/fire staff.. big joke.

They left after email to fire Schmidt was sent. They didn't want to play without Schmidt being at the school. If he somehow stays I am sure they will come back

I'm not so sure Ward is quickly taken in by another program. At his age, and the way he left his last two coaching gigs. Not pretty. If one thing has been proven, is that ADs like a hire to be safe, not one with a can of worms. And the email was a HUGE and very public mistake that won't easily be overlooked.

As an outsider looking in, it seems odd the Head Coach would not be able to put his assistants in place, and/or replace an assistant. Can you shed any light.

If the two players mentioned left and are enrolled in another school can they can come back and play for ATM as varsity players? I believe you get one 'free" move to another school.If they returned to ATM they could only play on JV. Not sure if that is relevant with private schools.

I believe they can come back as there aren't many transfer rules for private schools like public as long as they live in the area for the school.

The weird thing is how little has come out about the situation. I guess the bigger question now needs to be who gets the job next;I would think they have someone in mind. I've heard that glacier peaks coach has been at a catholic school any chance to see him move as he seems like a pretty good coach?

Obviously ATM has had an excellent football program for several years. Now they fire a coach that took the team to 4 semifinal appearances and 2 championship games in four years. Regardless of the details, isn't this a red flag for prospective coaches??

In looking at the rules if the two players mentioned enrolled at another school then they can not play Varsity sports next year, they can play JV but that's it they used their one "free" move

True. And they have switched Athletic Directors recently. Sounds like there is a board or committee involved here. I have always liked the phrase, "Together We Achieve Less." Not that they were wrong to remove Ward from his duties, as his public actions were bizarre at best, but if I were an incoming coach (of which they will have loads of applicants to choose from), I would be aware of this.

Lot of applicants ?? Bad fields, old workout room.New AD, poor pay.Then you play against easy teams and a committee that gets in your face. Please I want to work here.

"....you play against easy teams." You're not suggesting they should move up are you??
Bellevue and Lakes say they think it's a great idea.

Actually think Tevaga went back to ATM already.... Murphy already opts up to 2A, so would highly doubt they would venture into that 3A world...as far as recruiting goes, you could almost put Lakes into that class as well, with all their well disciplined army boys that come in every year. Problem with Lakes is, they have these 5-10 D-1 kids every fricking year, but they never finish, maybe because most of them are army kids, who haven't played together at all?? Don't get me wrong, I love our military and am no way hating on them at all....just saying!!
This post was edited on 3/17 10:34 PM by sport11821

I am both a military retiree, and a Lakes alum. Coach Miller has done less with more than any coach in the State. having said that, it's also true that having kids coming and going makes things more challenging.

Wow, you win 90% of your games and 10 League titles in 12 years and 7 times reach the Tacoma Dome in the Finals or Semis and just because you havent beaten Bellevue, you suck. The media may say that Lakes has 10 D1 kids every year but that is incorrect, this year they had 3, two Pac 12 and 1 to Idaho. Lakes has gone to the Dome with No D1 players and has been consistently good every year. This year was the most D1 players Lakes has ever had in a year (3) and they lost 1 game to the #5 ranked team in the Nation who had more D1 talent than Lakes on the field. The bottom line is that Bellevue has had more D1 Linemen and when it gets to crunch time, Linemen win State championships. That is what sets Bellevue apart, Line play. You knuckleheads have no clue what Coach Miller has to deal with on a daily basis at Lakes, many of his players have no fathers, rough home lives, etc. Bellevue does not have the same challenges that Lakes does as a community. Lakes has guys coming and going every year and bellevue kids grow up in the system, big difference. Spend a week at Lakes with Coach Miller and then talk trash. You would be amazed at how wrong your perception is.....hilarious.

Yes, Lakes has won alot of games over the past 10-12 years, including 1 trip to the finals, and 5 trips to the semi's since 1999. They've also lost twice in the quarterfinals and 5 times in the first round in the same time frame, but there are no championships. You make it sound like the only team they lose to is Bellevue, but they've lost 3 times to BHS. They've lost to 9 other playoff teams in that same span(1999-2011). The truth is, most coaches in the 3A classification would kill to have the talent Lakes has year in and year out. You give the perception it's a down and out community, but it's a good community. LOL, I'll just assume the name calling means I'm close to the mark.
This post was edited on 3/19 12:11 AM by Warrant3

Are we getting off track. I thought we were talking about who going to coach at murphy and good luck!!!!!

I heard tonight they already have a guy picked out from out-of-State. Stay tuned.

That comment is the most ridiculous thing I have read in many years. It makes no sense at all to make such comments about high school coaches who are working very long hours to help raise up young men to better themselves. Warrant, you also failed to mention that Coach Miller has also won many games against quality programs. Odea twice, Camas twice, Skyview, Issaquah, Tumwater, Prosser, South kitsap, Gig harbor, Meadowdale, etc. Do me a favor and stop by Lakes and see Coach Miller in his office and voice your concerns to his face. be a man, not a faceless punk behind a computor. No accountability on these message boards and anyone can say stupid stuff.

"You knuckleheads..." "...a faceless punk behind a computer." These types of comments go both ways. No one said Coach Miller wasn't working long hours or that he wasn't helping young men. I never suggested he wasn't a good classroom instructor or a good human being. Since you brought up some games I forgot to mention, how about the home playoff loss to Lynden at Lang Field, when Lynden had a fraction of the talent you had. Anybody can cherry pick.
You're standing up for a friend......I get that!

ADVERTISEMENT