ADVERTISEMENT

My NWC Predictions Week 2

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
Last Week's Record: 9-1

Week 2 Picks

Blaine @ Granite Falls - After putting up 55 points on their brothers from across the border, the Bordertown Boys should be feeling pretty good. Now they will have to make a nice trip down south to take on Granite. Once again, I know nothing about either of these teams, but obviously Blaine can score some points, and I would be surprised if Granite was able to outscore them. MY PICK - Blaine

Burlington @ Cedarcrest - Both teams got off to a good start last week, so we will now have to see if Burlington can win on the road. The way the Tigers handled Mt. Vernon however, makes me think they have the upper hand this week. MY PICK - Burlington

Lynden Christian @ Sultan - I probably would have picked Sultan here, however, I saw they were destroyed by Shorecrest this last week. Still, it was not long ago Sultan was in the 2A crossover. Toss up! MY PICK - Sultan

Oroville @ Mt Baker - It is no secret that I think Sedro is the team to beat in 2A. Last week, Baker hung tough with them, so watch out 1A! MY PICK - Baker

Bellingham @ Sehome - Bummer to hear Sehome's top two QB's went down last week at Husky Stadium. Must be nice to be able to throw in an athlete like Rapp in that situation. Bellingham is still growing up. MY PICK - Sehome

Nooksack @ Montesano - Tough start losing to Anacortes in week one, now they have to travel south and take on a traditionally to notch program in Monty. MY PICK - Monty

Lakewood @ Lynden - I was surprised and blown away by Lynden's lack of energy and desire against Kings last week. Defense didnt look bad, but the offense was very un-impressive. With that said, I believe Coach Kramme and his staff will get things straightened out, and get those kids to play hard. MY PICK - Lynden

South Whidbey @ Anacortes - I know nothing about either of these teams, but Anacortes had a decent showing against Nooksack to start the season. MY PICK - Anacortes

Sedro @ Mt Vernon - Burlington destroyed Vernon last week, Sedro should make it a blood bath. MY PICK - Sedro

Ferndale @ Oak Harbor - I was impressed by the way Ferndale found a way to win against Kamiakin last week. Not sure where Oak Harbor is at this early, but they did give up 55 to Monroe. Can't imagine them closing down Coach Plenk and the rest of the Eagles. MY PICK - Golden Egglets

Meridian @ Squalicum - Bigger, faster, stronger. That will be the Storm over the Trojans. MY PICK - Squalicum

The only thing I would disagree with is that I would pick L.C. Also, I think Lynden bounces back big.

ADVERTISEMENT