ADVERTISEMENT

Naches Girls Soccer

I completely agree. I've never played a team with so much ego, negative attitude, and poor sportsmanship in this entire district.

Thing is, is that it wasnt just a couple of athletes... It was the whole team... Pathetic.
By the way, I'm not stating the all Naches athletic teams have poor sportsmanship. Its the girls soccer team that is awful.
Its too bad they can't play with sportsmanship because if they did they might actually have some support from other teams in the league other than having to rely on their parents for their audience...

Moroonandgold, thank you for stating your opinion. We'll work on that.
Good luck in the play offs.

Interesting. I am not sure of the validity of the charge currently, but when I used to coach against them, they were one of the classiest programs we played.

I think it is stupid that you think Naches has the poor sportsmanship. They have the joy of the game! They now how to go out and play the game they love. :) So if you dont like them maroonandgold10 then get out of the league!!

I will agree that some girls on that team do show some bad sportsmanship, but as a whole they are not a negative, egotistical team. I agree they do have a general love of the game, and in my opinion the pure competition can get the better of some girls and make them seem pretty horrible.

Least we are in districts!! We are were we are because we play hard. We know how to play the game so we play it HARD!! If you think we really have bad sportsmanship then man up and tell us on the field when you play!!

From what I saw at the La Salle vs. Naches game I would have to concur. They played hard, but had far too many cheap shots against the Lightning. The coachs need to reign it in.

I'm definitely not saying that Naches is a bad team that doesn't deserve to make it to playoffs. They are a good team. What I posted was that they have "by far the worst sportsmanship in the SCAC."
Soccer is a physical game. Duh. But there is a line that many teams cross that is just plain ridiculous. When you single a player out on the field and tell many of your teammates to "take her out", I'm pretty sure thats on the fence there... But its when that player that they single out to take out actually does get taken out and is out for the rest of the season because it was a cheap shot, thats when it crosses the line.

I haven't posted on this board for a while and even after I first saw this thread I had no intention to reply. But the last comment about telling a player to go out and take out another player is over the top. And it is uncalled for. I have been on the sidelines for Naches for 10 years and we don't play like that and never will.

The Cle Elum player that was injured was I believe your sweeper. I was told she is a freshman and we were quite impressed with her. The only instructions we gave our players was to avoid her since she seemed the about the best defender you had on the field. The injury occurred with 10 min to go in the game when our forward stabbed for the ball, got her right foot on top of the ball, and then collided with your player. Our player's leg was out stretched and they hit at the waist with your player going over the top and landing hard.

I am sorry about your player getting hurt, she is a great player who we look forward to see play. I was 15 yds from this and the ref was even closer. No call was made because there was no foul.

We have had more than our share of injuries this year and we do teach this game to be a full contact sport. We have also had more than our share of potty mouths and trust me, we have been working on that as much as soccer. We know that there is more to this game than winning and our main interest isn't soccer but its helping girls become women.

I think a lot of this is a conflict between the haves and the have not. Frankly Cle Elum has struggled to be competitive this year and thats a shame. The games between us this year have been difficult to coach. We have a varsity roster of 20-22 ladies. In the first game we played them all before half time and then had our JV team get dressed and play the second half. And still we scored. We even tried a rule that they could only score from a header. After a game when our starters only got 20 min, I was confronted by one of you parents accusing us of running up the score.

Last week in Cle Elum we didn't have our JV team for an away match. At half time we told them to work on possession more than scoring. Its just damn hard to ask a player to play LaSalle then go to Cle Elum and then play LaSalle again and then have them worry about how to not play the game. But we do it because all the Naches coaches have been on the other side of this during the spring. We need Cle Elum to push us to be a better team. We have no interest in beating up a team who is down on their luck.

Injuries happen in this game. In my real life I am a RN with experience in ICU and trauma. I went on to the field to offer help and was screamed at by two women about how we did this deliberately. I figured they were excited in the moment and chose not to take offense. But thats enough thank you.

I completely agree with N-Soccer!! The player that was injured was a very good player and not one person would want to hurt another player!

After reading the post and all of the replys i would have to say that it is too bad that Naches has gotten a "bad sportsmanship" name from a few players. There are a few who really do need to be taught a lesson and i don't understand why nothing has changed with them. For the most part Naches is a descent team that does play hard, but don't think because you belive your a good team that is why everyone doesn't think you have good sportsmanship. That belief comes from the actions from both players and fans. For instance, when one of your players gets red carded for taking someone out there should not be an applause for that player. She should not be happy and proud of herself.

These girls need to learn that this is a game and that competition does not mean hate every opponent. Teams/players need to respect other opponents and they should want to bring out their best effort in every competition.

I am a new coach this year and if there is one thing i work on the most it is inspiring the girls to be "good competitors". In the past my team has "hated" other teams. I heard my team used to be bad sports and would play dirty. I believe that we are one of the cleaner teams now. I know i don't see anyone posting about our bad sportsmanship and we are one of the top teams like naches. I would hope that the SCAC becomes more competitive in the future and that teams develop healthy and clean rivalries and not rivalries in hate.

Heres the thing and I'll have to say this again... Naches is a GOOD soccer team. They work well with eachother and thats impressive because that takes a lot of heart and dedication to apply that.

About seeing and hearing everything that goes on in a game from the sidelines, well thats pretty impossible. You can't hear the disrespectful comments or the plans to "shut a player up".

I'm actually happy to see a disagreement on this message board finally... Gesh. Something to actually have a conversation about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT